Advertisement

Do I suck?

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Paul Render
Whale Castrato

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Do I suck?

Postby Paul Render » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Those pages look decent. Your people are quite wonky, but that's ok. I bet your 200th page is gonna look a lot better than your first. You have talent man, don't let others negativity make you lose self confidence. Being an artist not everyone is gonna like your stuff. Artists need to be able to take a harsh critique from time to time.

Keep posting pages here when you can. What do you plan to do with this project? Self publish? E-book it?

Advertisement

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Re: Re:

Postby Arion » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Eli Katz wrote:I agree.

Finally someone agrees with me .

Oni2030
Tip Top Dancer

Postby Oni2030 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:09 pm

thanks dude,heres some of my stuff..don't have hos and guns but still..give it a look :-Dhttp://sketchesandall.blogspot.com/

I like your work you have good understanding of anatomy, also your ink work is very good. But when you use a black back ground around you characters maybe you should make the white space around them closer, so it contours the form.

Paul Render wrote:Those pages look decent. Your people are quite wonky, but that's ok. I bet your 200th page is gonna look a lot better than your first. You have talent man, don't let others negativity make you lose self confidence. Being an artist not everyone is gonna like your stuff. Artists need to be able to take a harsh critique from time to time.

Keep posting pages here when you can. What do you plan to do with this project? Self publish? E-book it?

Thanks allot, from your perspective could you please be more specific about whats wrong with the people? I would like to know all of you guys perspective so I can do the best work I possibly can.

Paul Render
Whale Castrato

Postby Paul Render » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:51 pm

From my perspective, its the anatomy, but people have pointed that out already. Anatomy can be a bitch though. Keep at it.

Sometimes your drawings do look amateurish, I think you need to find some consistency in your drawing. You've got a mix of poor and excellent work sometimes on the same page.

But I know its a hard craft to master, so don't give up. How long have you been drawing?

Oni2030
Tip Top Dancer

Postby Oni2030 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:29 am

I been drawing since I was about 4, it's easier for me to draw cities and buildings than people. I thought that I had taken care of those problems, but now I realize I have to keep working at it. Can't restart again so I'm going to make sure that the next chapter is better, theres going to be be 4 chapters total. The comic is Called Hybrid Zero. To answer your question about publishing, I'm going to build a website after the first chapter is done.

But quite frankly if you point out the offending images I could just fix them. Everything in this comic except for penciling is done digitally. I use a wacom cintq 12wx and I can change things if I desire too.

contramundi
cheese

Postby contramundi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:50 am

Oni2030 wrote:
I like your work you have good understanding of anatomy, also your ink work is very good. But when you use a black back ground around you characters maybe you should make the white space around them closer, so it contours the form.

thanks man,its true i cant colour to save my life :-D

the others have already pointed out the anatomy stuff,but great backgrounds there man,keep it up

Oni2030
Tip Top Dancer

Postby Oni2030 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:11 am

Currently I'm knocking out a page a day because I'm a girlfriend less comic book nerd.

Hey! I just started reading this comic-book called "Battle Chasers" I can't wait till they finish it!

Paul Render
Whale Castrato

Postby Paul Render » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:07 am

Just in that pict posted your hands and folds of clothes suck, but there's a vibrancy to your work. So keep it going.

And being a girlfriendless comic book nerd will get you a lot of work done, and maybe the best thing for your career. Girlfriends/wives/kids etc are huge distractions and they hate being told "sorry I have work to do." when they want to go out and do something.

And if you liked Battle Chasers you should check out Shaolin Cowboy, that might be right up your alley.

contramundi
cheese

Postby contramundi » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:23 am

lol..battle chasers will never end..the issue ten is mythical :wink:
still awesome series by Mad but not even his style is the same..just check the crappy ultimates 3 and see for yourself

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Paul Render wrote:From my perspective, its the anatomy, but people have pointed that out already. Anatomy can be a bitch though. Keep at it.

Sometimes your drawings do look amateurish, I think you need to find some consistency in your drawing. You've got a mix of poor and excellent work sometimes on the same page.

But I know its a hard craft to master, so don't give up. How long have you been drawing?

Tell me about it, I still have lots of problems when it comes to anatomy...

Oni2030
Tip Top Dancer

Postby Oni2030 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Oh My God this page sucks! You know what I just want to apologize for this crap! Guess I'll move on to page 19. I'm going to redo this, trust me.

contramundi
cheese

Postby contramundi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:21 pm

the chicks bobs are wierd,i like the devil logo :D

Oni2030
Tip Top Dancer

Postby Oni2030 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Let me get this straight, this doesn’t look like an abomination to you? God that page is so lame. Hey thanks for the props on the T-shirt should be hitting Café Press some time this spring!

contramundi
cheese

Postby contramundi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:45 pm

just work your anatomy out,the faces especially and give more sense of movement when they swing the lances..i like it,you apply the color scheme very well and have a sense of suroundings and backgrond that is very cool

Oni2030
Tip Top Dancer

Postby Oni2030 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Holy shit! I actually feel better now, thanks! :shock:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Creator's Corner