Advertisement

Review Group #260: Five Year Anniversary!!!!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Review Group #260: Five Year Anniversary!!!!

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:53 am

Last week on Review Group Drama: Seven reviews, seven pages of musical talk. Sounds about right.
YOUR FAVORITE COMIC OF ALL TIME!
selected by your lovable tyrant

There are those individual comics that justify your love of the medium. They are the best that the comic book industry has to offer. Whether they appeal to your inner fanboy or are a fantastic piece of literature, this week is all about celebrating the best that comics have to offer.

So, I offer up two choices for you to select. Either a) review your favorite comic of all time, or for those who are unable to pull that book to reread it due to their collection being inaccessible, b) review your favorite comic of the last year.

I look forward to hearing everyone's pick!
[size=85]Stephen Day has next week's pick.

If you would like to join the group, it's easy. Just post a review and I'll add you to the member's list. As long as you stay active, eventually it will be your turn to make a pick.

With $4 comics becoming the norm, the economy being what it is and the growing popularity of mail order services the Review Group recognizes that it's becoming harder and harder to commit to participating each and every week. As long as you can post one review per calendar month you will stay in the member's list. It doesn't matter if you post your review the week of it's release or if you post it later. There is no such thing as a "late" review.

The only request I make is that if you don't plan on posting a review or if you're going to be posting late is that you drop a note in the thread so that I can keep track of who is active and who isn't. The Spreadsheet of Doom is thorough, but it can't read your mind.

Comics are to be scored on a scale from 1-10. 1 being suck, 10 being a damn good comic. Beyond that, there's no right or wrong.

If it's your week, you must announce your selection by 5pm EST the day Diamond releases it's shipping list. If you do not announce your pick at that time, I will add a poll to the thread that will remain open until 12pm EST so that the group can make the selection for that week. (If you're seriously MIA, I'll probably put the poll up sooner) To ensure that you know it's your week, I will PM you when Midtown's list goes live on Thursdays. Also you'd better keep in mind the Amber Atoms rule, if your pick isn't reviewed by 2 or more people you will be exiled from the Group for 1 year. Our definition of a single issue comic is limited to comics listed at $3.99 or lower, anything above that is off limits. Also, to prevent utter filth being chosen deliberately, the Weird Worlds Rule has also gone into affect. Any book scoring a new all-time low (2.68 as of today) will not count as a miss if people wisely choose not to purchase it. Any poor soul who did review the book will earn a free pass on a book of their choice.

I'll be contacting members this week about their desire to stay involved with the group.

List will be updated with colors and any new members I missed at approximately 10:30 PM EST, Wednesday

Stephen Day
GHERU
Jude Terror
GLX
Eli Katz
Punchy
BlueStreak
guitarsmashley
starlord
David Bird
Greg
John Snow
God-Man
Fieldy Snuts
chap22
Daringd
Ameobas
SilverPhoenix
Dragavon
Doombug
Jubilee
AMS

Mammon, Fool Breaker
Sgt. Marvel
john lewis hawk
Zero
Royal Nonesuch
Victorious Squid

Poster Emeritus: thefourthman

BLUE indicates explanation given for not posting a review.
RED indicate that no review or explanation has been posted in two weeks.
RED and BOLD will be deleted at the end of the week unless a review or explanation is posted.

Each Tuesday I will putting together all of our reviews and we will have our very own article on the front page of The Outhouse! If you would like for your review to be included, please try to have it posted by the end of day on Monday.

Advertisement

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Re: Review Group #260: Five Year Anniversary!!!!

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:54 am

Scores will go here once I have power back. I'm currently using my netbook using the wifi from a nearby McDonalds to post.

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby 3MJ » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:11 am

Sorry for being in red. I have two of the last two books waiting to be reviewed at my LCS. I can just never get out of bed and get up there.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:32 am

No worries. You shouldn't have an issue this week.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 638 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 am

BlueStreak wrote:No worries. You shouldn't have an issue this week.

What do you mean - EVERYONE should have an issue this week in trying to find that one issue that stands out above all others.

It's been a week now and I'm still not close to figuring it out.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:25 am

Amoebas wrote:What do you mean - EVERYONE should have an issue this week in trying to find that one issue that stands out above all others.

Well....

At least he doesn't need to go to the comic book store this week. :smt102

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:27 am

Amoebas wrote:What do you mean - EVERYONE should have an issue this week in trying to find that one issue that stands out above all others.

meh. my favorite single issue has been my favorite single issue for nearly 30 years now. no biggie here.

be a man, sack up, and just pull the trigger, dude! :P
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:27 am

This is truly difficult for me.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:31 am

I've gotten my list narrowed down to a couple issues.

There's a Guardians of the Galaxy issue, a Green Lantern issue, a JSA issue and a New Avengers issue.

There also might be a Fantastic Four issue on the list too if everything goes according to plan this weekend. :twisted:

And this isn't supposed to be stressful! You're allowed to pick multiple issues if you don't want to offend someone. :P

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:31 am

I haven't got time for the full review now. (I might even do multiple reviews) but here's the gist of it.

Claremont does it again! Dino Rachel attacks the X-men, and things will never be the same again. Rachels struggle with her inner dinosaur is perfectly portrayed, and Claremonts dialogue is incredible as usual.

10 out of 10.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:32 am

In all fairness, I'm going to do my favorite issues from the 60's, 70's 80's 90's 00's and 2010 if that's alright?

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:32 am

Always Right wrote:I haven't got time for the full review now. (I might even do multiple reviews) but here's the gist of it.

Claremont does it again! Dino Rachel attacks the X-men, and things will never be the same again. Rachels struggle with her inner dinosaur is perfectly portrayed, and Claremonts dialogue is incredible as usual.

10 out of 10.

:-D :-D

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:33 am

OH! Got one! Can't believe it didn't come to mind until now!
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:34 am

Greg wrote:OH! Got one! Can't believe it didn't come to mind until now!

Glad to jog your memory, I await to see what you like most about Dino Rachel.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:34 am

Always Right wrote:In all fairness, I'm going to do my favorite issues from the 60's, 70's 80's 90's 00's and 2010 if that's alright?

I accept that.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand