Advertisement

Dancing Alima

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Dancing Alima

Postby jeremy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:26 pm

I've posted most of these pics either in my photography thread or on one of my photography sites, but I wanted to create a thread for her because well... she is an artist too. Alima/Angela is extremely talented (so much so that I am forever jealous of her). Aside from being an outstanding dancer, she also plays Cello, Piano, and Violin.

As for her dancing - I've seen a lot of bellydancers and she honestly has to be one of the best I've seen. She isn't just good at the dancing part, but the performing as well - working the crowd etc. (And she has also been a great test model for me when I'm shooting) But due to her I'm very much a snob for bellydance and have very high expectations when I watch other performers.

Anyways, I thought her art deserved it's own thread.

Image Image

Advertisement

jeremy
Staff Writer

Re: Dancing Alima

Postby jeremy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:37 pm

And to add to my jealousy of her talents, she is also a damn good photographer, here is some of her stuff (she has worked with me on weddings too)

Royal Nonesuch
Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Those are some pretty great shots (by both of you). It's cool that Alima is also a talented musician.
The witness said Mr Brown then called out to Ms Hay's adult daughter: "Look at this, I'm tittie-f***ing your mother!".

Jude Terror 12:19 AM
I put my dick in one of the bagels once.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 9 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm

I like the first two pics posted. With the flare due to the red/orange of her costume, it almost seemed like she was dancing with fire. If that effect could be captured in video of her dancing, it'd be cool to watch. :-D

I can see why Alima is popular in her shows, she's got that contagious kind of smile and energy.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:47 pm

:lol:
You don't have to like me
You don't have to respect me
But you will LISTEN to me.
-----
Always Right

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:47 pm

I like her photos too. Nicely framed stuff.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

TerriG
Twenty-Something

Postby TerriG » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Is Alima ok with the Outhouse collectively fapping over some of those images? :lol:

Miracloman
Great Scott!!!

Title: Seduce and Destroy
Formerly: some guy from the 'Rama

Postby Miracloman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:52 pm

xaraan wrote:I've posted most of these pics either in my photography thread or on one of my photography sites, but I wanted to create a thread for her because well... she is an artist too. Alima/Angela is extremely talented (so much so that I am forever jealous of her). Aside from being an outstanding dancer, she also plays Cello, Piano, and Violin.

And don;t forget to mention she's quite gorgeous.

Strict31 wrote:Curse you!

You've escaped from the trap that has always captured coyle and bender!!!

There will be another day, Miracloman! Another day!!!!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:52 pm

*Waits for Psivage's posts here.*

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I like the first two pics posted. With the flare due to the red/orange of her costume, it almost seemed like she was dancing with fire. If that effect could be captured in video of her dancing, it'd be cool to watch. :-D

I can see why Alima is popular in her shows, she's got that contagious kind of smile and energy.

Yea, I think on those pictures I was shooting with a long shutter and only firing the flash at the very end of the exposure... that gives you a bit of a mix of both a flash pic and a long exposure pic. I usually try different stuff when I'm shooting her live since I tend to be doing it for fun and more often than a normal shoot.

Kinda like this one I posted:
I spent the whole time shooting only long exposure and ended up only getting this one picture that I thought usable.

or this one:
I shot in almost total darkness without a really long exposure to see what I could do to bring it out after the fact in processing (converting to B&W helped bring some of it out without a lot of grain). I only got like two usable pics out of that whole performance.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:54 pm

TerriG wrote:Is Alima ok with the Outhouse collectively fapping over some of those images? :lol:

I'll bet you she's used to that in real life by now, hence the swords! :P :lol: :wink:

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:57 pm

TerriG wrote:Is Alima ok with the Outhouse collectively fapping over some of those images? :lol:

She deals with people that are idiots all the time trying to hit on her or oogling her. (I'm not always there to stand in the corner and look like I'm ready to kill someone) There are plenty of guys that go to see this stuff just b/c they like looking at girls more than they do dancing... you can tell those places b/c of who they hire: girls that just look good and can't dance. Fortunately she has found places that want actual performers in addition to someone just looking cute.

(And all these pictures are posted on her FB and in my various photo sites anyhow... actually a lot more than these are)

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
I'll bet you she's used to that in real life by now, hence the swords! :P :lol: :wink:

Yea, she is actually pretty used to having to deal with that crap. If she is just thanking people for coming and they hit on her she just leaves, but she is actually good with people that try stuff during dances... normally you are not permitted to touch the dancer if they invite you up to dance and usually it's all fine - guys being embarrassed to have to try moves they look stupid doing. But some middle eastern guys actually think it's more than that, one guy started putting her hands around her waste and she spun away and sat him down before I was even on my feet.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:01 pm

xaraan wrote:

Yea, I think on those pictures I was shooting with a long shutter and only firing the flash at the very end of the exposure... that gives you a bit of a mix of both a flash pic and a long exposure pic. I usually try different stuff when I'm shooting her live since I tend to be doing it for fun and more often than a normal shoot.

Kinda like this one I posted:
I spent the whole time shooting only long exposure and ended up only getting this one picture that I thought usable.

or this one:
I shot in almost total darkness without a really long exposure to see what I could do to bring it out after the fact in processing (converting to B&W helped bring some of it out without a lot of grain). I only got like two usable pics out of that whole performance.

That's a pity to hear. That's a great picture and I like the effect. It's so surreal, but then you see her so clearly, it has an awesome effect. I wonder what blue might look like and other colours. Maybe a study for you at some point? If you do, please share the results. :-D

That is a damn good picture there. A series of those would be great to see, but also, other subjects. The contrasts are sweet. The brighter light is great to see too. Sort of film noir.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Always Right wrote:Image
:lol:

yea, I always liked that pic, that guy was a character when we were talking with him (I think he was a minister or something too)

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Creator's Corner