Advertisement

Dancing Alima

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Re: Dancing Alima

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:59 pm

I have to go now but it's my sincere hope that this thread becomes even more creepy then it already is by the time I get back. Don't disappoint me.
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1191 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Benderbrau wrote:I have to go now but it's my sincere hope that this thread becomes even more creepy then it already is by the time I get back. Don't disappoint me.

Demanding fellow, aren't you? :lol:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:
Yeah, my bad, blood rushing to one place means less blood in my thinky parts...... I will be turned on at your girlfriend quietly now....

Unless you take requests.... :P

She really is quite lovely, thank you for sharing,

As cute as your schtick is, these are all pics that have been up at my sites before; I'm not sharing anything new.

But if you really are that bad, why would anyone care if you left where she was performing and never returned... I've come across guys like that there once or twice and you are right, the staring daggers thing worked and I never saw them again. For some reason we didn't weep over it.

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:For Wisdom to relax with...

Yowza....
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:For Wisdom to relax with...

wow, that was pretty crappy
that would be what I talk about... some girls and restaurants just want a girl to get up there, show too much skin and shimmy a bit

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1191 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:07 pm

xaraan wrote:

wow, that was pretty crappy
that would be what I talk about... some girls and restaurants just want a girl to get up there, show too much skin and shimmy a bit

That and it happened at a con here.

Other then Star Trek or some movies out there, that's all I've ever seen.

I think it contrasts with what folks think and what's real. That was what folks think, Alima does the real deal.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:07 pm

xaraan wrote:
As cute as your schtick is, these are all pics that have been up at my sites before; I'm not sharing anything new.

But if you really are that bad, why would anyone care if you left where she was performing and never returned... I've come across guys like that there once or twice and you are right, the staring daggers thing worked and I never saw them again. For some reason we didn't weep over it.

Wait........ so you ARE saying that anyone who gets turned on by her dancing is an idiot? I am suddenly confused....

And the businesses Alima dances at are cool with you glaring angrily at all the male customers?
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:
Wait........ so you ARE saying that anyone who gets turned on by her dancing is an idiot? I am suddenly confused....

And the businesses Alima dances at are cool with you glaring angrily at all the male customers?

If you are seriously getting "turned on" physically by it, maybe not an idiot.. but just sad. Now if you are just talking turned on in the way of saying, he she is pretty and this dancing is cool, then no.

But guys acting on it are the idiots for sure.

But honestly it sounds like you have no idea what bellydancing is and think is has something to do equivalent to stripping.

And I don't sit there glaring, I usually chill either in the back/to the side and have a drink and food while I wait for her. The only glaring is for when idiots pop up.

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:21 pm

xaraan wrote:

If you are seriously getting "turned on" physically by it, maybe not an idiot.. but just sad. Now if you are just talking turned on in the way of saying, he she is pretty and this dancing is cool, then no.

Ok

But guys acting on it are the idiots for sure.

Agreed.

And I don't sit there glaring, I usually chill either in the back/to the side and have a drink and food while I wait for her. The only glaring is for when idiots pop up.

Ah, ok. I thought you were saying you stand just off the side and look all menacing the entire time she is dancing.

But honestly it sounds like you have no idea what bellydancing is and think is has something to do equivalent to stripping.

Its about the same as hula dancing. I am not going to go any further with "what I think belly dancing is", because to be honest, I like you, I like Alima, and I don't want to start any beef between us and I would rather stay friends.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Well, I'm glad for that.
And trust me, we have heard it all about bellydancing, especially here in the bible belt a five minute walk from Pat Robertson's univerity.

The thing about the bellydancing is it's all kinds of stuff I'm sure... some girls do it in a very strippery manner (and aren't always a welcome part of the community), some women do it for fun and excerise and might not look all that great physically; some do the tribal thing where it's more a group thing and not really a performance. Me, I prefer the performance part of it the most and that is what she excels at. I see gorgeous women all the time, sometimes even naked when I'm working so I don't really look at hula or b-dancing as something to get worked up about that way. But then again, I've seen thousands of bellydance gigs so far, so maybe I am past getting worked up for a cute girl bellydancing.

But I think when you go into a nice greek (or other mid-east type) restaurant and see a performer in a good costume (sure it's sexy in it's way, but not as over sexy as many b-dance costumes some have seen) doing a real solid routine, interacting with families, kids, etc. and putting on a good show I think you would have a different impression than if you were in a smokey lounge watching a girl do a borderline stip/b-dance routine.

~Alima~
Motherfucker from Hell

Title: BLATHERSKITE

Postby ~Alima~ » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Bellydance is meant to show the movements women are able to make, so of course I know it's going to be sensual. If a woman can't even walk down a sidewalk without a guy stepping behind her to watch swaying hips, I know they have no chance when movements are done purposefully. I wouldn't say it's sexual though unless it's in the privacy of ones room and doing some kind of strip tease to it, or getting your ass in their face lap, or accidently popping a boobie out, or have no underwear, or go down on them....etc. I've seem a lot of enamored looks, but unless they are drunk (which I refuse to dance in bars with drunkies) they have never come off looking like they were setting up camp. NOW if really stupid dancers were to allow someone to touch them while dancing, I can possibly see the scene changing, but that is a dancer I don't ever want to associate with. Personally, I entertain to all ages by keeping my performances playful and light, but I won't deny it doesn't have a sensuality to it that comes with being a woman and a flirtiness that comes when gaining the attention of your audience. GOD I hope I never see one ripped out. :deadpool
Actually the beginning of bellydance for women originated they think in temples for women by women, then eventually for birthing and family get togethers, then to street performing, then to restaurant type atmospheres. Men developed a lot of their style dancing in the farms. The canes you sometimes see dancers used weren't meant for walking but for farming. The hook would dig a hole by twisting it. Bored boys with toys. It's how it always starts eh?

~Alima~
Motherfucker from Hell

Title: BLATHERSKITE

Postby ~Alima~ » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:45 pm

nerdygirl wrote:All my joke hitting on Alima aside, I'm actually disappointed she moved to the west coast. Given all the build up from Xaraan, I'd suspect her performances are a wonder to behold. Virginia was a whole lot more likely than California.

When I was a lot younger I used to do some side work lighting performances of various dance companies. While I never lit any belly dancing performances, one of the performers I worked with was trained in it. She did a demonstration once which was amazing. The aesthetics of belly dancing are beautiful and it's a shame most people don't view it as the art form it is.

Wow that's cool, I've always wanted to learn behind the scenes. I've been dancing on a stage since I was 3, and it's amazing how in sync and coordinated they have to be with each other and the performer. That in itself is an artform too.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:52 am

Alima probably gave the best explanation of course.

Anyways some more pics, just to show some different environments you might see bellydance in. It's not all about smokey hookah bars with skimpy costumes and girls that look cute and can barely dance the real dance.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Creator's Corner