Wednesday, May 25, 2016 • Evening Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Review Group Week #263: The Avengers #10

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:09 pm

I had to add a couple sentences to my review, I forgot to mention how shitty the art was. Sorry, JRJR, I don't know what happened to you but I hope it's reversible and that you heal from it someday.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Viktor Ian Skwydde wrote:I had to add a couple sentences to my review, I forgot to mention how shitty the art was. Sorry, JRJR, I don't know what happened to you but I hope it's reversible and that you heal from it someday.

Humorously, the best art in that issue came from the Ant-Man/Iron Fist scene.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Viktor Ian Skwydde wrote:I had to add a couple sentences to my review, I forgot to mention how shitty the art was. Sorry, JRJR, I don't know what happened to you but I hope it's reversible and that you heal from it someday.

His super hero stuff hasn't been the same since World War Hulk it seems.

His stuff on Kick Ass/ Kick Ass 2 was good though.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:15 pm

AMS wrote:
His super hero stuff hasn't been the same since World War Hulk it seems.

His stuff on Kick Ass/ Kick Ass 2 was good though.

That's because a second artist touches up his sketches.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:17 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
That's because a second artist touches up his sketches.

o rly?

Thinking back I will amend my statement a bit. He did the art on The List: Punisher, which was very good.

I think the problem is that his bread and butter is doing single character books like Spider-man. Doing an ensemble cast seems to wear him a down. The first issue of WWH was awesome, but then it went down from there. Everything else he's worked on since then has mostly been ensemble I think.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Johann Snow wrote:
No one cares what happens in comics not written by The Great One. :roll:

I am going to ignore this blatant attempt to give me an aneurysm. :roll:

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:22 pm

AMS wrote:
o rly?

Thinking back I will amend my statement a bit. He did the art on The List: Punisher, which was very good.

I think the problem is that his bread and butter is doing single character books like Spider-man. Doing an ensemble cast seems to wear him a down. The first issue of WWH was awesome, but then it went down from there. Everything else he's worked on since then has mostly been ensemble I think.

Yeah, the first issue of Kick-Ass 2 showed the entire process. He only does the layouts and basic sketches. A second artist fills in details and touches them up.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:47 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Is this issue in the running to earn the lowest score of all-time? For what its worth, I don't think it should have a score as bad as Weird Worlds :smt102

No, it doesn't deserve to have a really low score. Like I said, Its not horrible, but its not all that great an issue either.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
No, it doesn't deserve to have a really low score. Like I said, Its not horrible, but its not all that great an issue either.

It's not even good writing for Bendis, it's poorly edited and terribly illustrated.

The book deserves a low score.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Literally everyone involved in this comic has produced exceptional comics in the past. The fact that this was as terrible as it was is baffling.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:23 am

BlueStreak wrote:
Yeah, the first issue of Kick-Ass 2 showed the entire process. He only does the layouts and basic sketches. A second artist fills in details and touches them up.

It's Tom Palmer who does finishes. Palmer is a living legend, having inked Neal Adams' work for Marvel, John Buscema's two Avengers runs, and Gene Colan's Tomb of Dracula.

He deserves his name on the front cover of every Kick Ass issue; he makes the comic worth looking at.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:46 am

Just when I thought JRJR's art couldn't get any worse than this issue:

Is that supposed to be the Watcher in the corner?

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:32 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Just when I thought JRJR's art couldn't get any worse than this issue:

Is that supposed to be the Watcher in the corner?

he's wearing a diaper

vinnypic

Expert Post Whore

Postby vinnypic » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:16 pm

WTF HAPPENED to JRjr?

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:30 pm

I've been waiting all weekend for a SilverPhoenix review! :x

leave a comment with facebook