Thursday, February 22, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #264: Secret Warriors #25

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:50 am

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Reserved for a score chart to be named later. Controlling the information is key to a successful tyrantship.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 am

Ah, here it is.

Good to see the 'Hicklash' is picking up speed, it's a sensation.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:54 am

Why are we picking mid arc books?
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:56 am

Punchy wrote:Ah, here it is.

Good to see the 'Hicklash' is picking up speed, it's a sensation.


I dropped the term at my LCS last week. People didn't believe there was such a thing.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:57 am

Always Right wrote:Why are we picking mid arc books?


People can pick what they want, but either way, I think this is a largely standalone (as much as SW can be) issue, it's a double-sized special which promises to reveal a lot of secrets, so I expect it will be all back-story rather than the main plot ramping up.

But who knows?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:58 am

BlueStreak wrote:
I dropped the term at my LCS last week. People didn't believe there was such a thing.


They'll learn.
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:59 am

Punchy wrote:
They'll learn.


Well, they got a healthy dose of it when I shattered through Hickman's "big words screen" and showed how four of six issues of SHIELD were set up almost exactly the same.

I do like Secret Warriors, though. I really wish they weren't rushing the ending.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:03 am

BlueStreak wrote:
Well, they got a healthy dose of it when I shattered through Hickman's "big words screen" and showed how four of six issues of SHIELD were set up almost exactly the same.

I do like Secret Warriors, though. I really wish they weren't rushing the ending.


I'm wary of this issue, it looks like it's tying in pretty heavily with SHIELD which is a bad idea.

******

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:38 am

Always Right wrote:Why are we picking mid arc books?


So that I can skip a week? :smt102
User avatar

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:56 am

Frank Einstein wrote:
So that I can skip a week? :smt102


It doesn't really matter what order you read this stuff in, it's not going to make much sense anyway..

******

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:23 am

Viscous Skid wrote:
It doesn't really matter what order you read this stuff in, it's not going to make much sense anyway..


H8r. Go sit in the corner with Punchy.

Also, this issue probably won't show up until SW v6. Marvel hasn't even released SW v4 in TP yet. Far too much story to make up when the comic doesn't come in a death bag. And if it ties in with S.H.I.E.L.D. like Punchy said? That collection doesn't come out until next month.
User avatar

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:32 am

Frank Einstein wrote:
H8r. Go sit in the corner with Punchy.

Also, this issue probably won't show up until SW v6. Marvel hasn't even released SW v4 in TP yet. Far too much story to make up when the comic doesn't come in a death bag. And if it ties in with S.H.I.E.L.D. like Punchy said? That collection doesn't come out until next month.


I meant that in the most positive light possible. Hickman's created quite a puzzle for them that don't read his books monthly, but in the end I doubt it matters much. Too bad you aren't reading SW monthly.

P.S. Thanks to the Marvel Event bonanza, I'm almost halfway to getting that PS3 and forgetting about comics forever. 8)
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Always Right wrote:Why are we picking mid arc books?


It was either this or Joe the Barbarian #8.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Uh... what?

This issue only raised more questions! I think we found out who Kraken is... but I'm not sure.

So Hydra, Leviathan and SHIELD all came from The Shield? And what was that scene when it looked like Nick Fury was shot in the head? Guh.
User avatar

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:09 pm

GLX wrote:
It was either this or Joe the Barbarian #8.


So, bad or worse. :smt011

The Intrepids #1 should have been the pick this week, there I said it.

And if you only buy one book this week, it should be Herculian #1.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests