Advertisement

Review Group Week #263: The Avengers #10

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: Review Group Week #263: The Avengers #10

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 am

Avengers #10

I was going to do a review in Great One speak, but I broke character mid-thread so fuck it. I'll do nonsense rambly instead.

So they're sticking with the whole 'The Protector' name for Marvel Boy, eh? Dumb... geez, the whole recap page is full of dumb, why do people settle for this crap? Namor, Rulk, fish, blah blah blah... Spider-Woman's "I know, right?" just killed the comic for me... OMG JRjr, are those supposed to be Sentinels? Did Cat-Beast just morph into the Wolfman? Gawddamn Romita, what the hell man? The Iron Fist/Ant-Man scene wouldn't have been as bad if their previous meeting hadn't been pointed out in-thread, it also wouldn't have been as bad if Danny was wearing his real costume and if O'Grady was still in his original IAM suit. Why did Marvel ditch the IAM suit anyway? It was a great costume, stupid Marvel... wow that mom and dad page was tedious... okay, Ben's "Are we there yet?" was a good panel... bwahahahahaha Bendis and all of Marvel editorial don't know the difference between Roswell and Area 51... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... seriously, what a bunch of stupid fucks... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... seriously, so dumb...

Image United was so much better than this.

Story: 1
Art: 4 :? :-(
Overall: The Great 1

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:35 am

Frank Einstein wrote:
I see your haphazard lists every week, you're The Outhouse's Mr. Corporate.

I bought 4 creator-owned comics this week, how many did you buy?

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:53 am

Punchy wrote:
I bought 4 creator-owned comics this week, how many did you buy?

You only listed 3 and they were all published by Warner Brothers and Disney you sucker of the corporate teat, you.

My 20+ years worth of creator owned and self-published comics buying habits make me exempt from questions of my purchasing habits in any given week, but if you must know I did order a copy of Daniel Clowes' 20th Century Eightball yesterday.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:55 am

Frank Einstein wrote:
You only listed 3 and they were all published by Warner Brothers and Disney you sucker of the corporate teat, you.

My 20+ years worth of creator owned and self-published comics buying habits make me exempt from questions of my purchasing habits in any given week, but if you must know I did order a copy of Daniel Clowes' 20th Century Eightball yesterday.

I always forget to list The Boys.

I reckon 80% of posters on here buy less creator-owned books than me.

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Punchy wrote:
I always forget to list The Boys.

I reckon 80% of posters on here buy less creator-owned books than me.

That's because 79% of posters here don't ready any comics at all.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 310 posts

Postby GHERU » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Frank Einstein wrote:

:lol:
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:06 pm

Frank Einstein wrote:

This is true, but still, I buy more creator-owneds than most.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Viscous Skid wrote:
No but you can be Starlord's Mr. Goodbar..

/oldmoviejoke'd

well done!

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:14 pm

starlord wrote:
well done!

:lol: The British Teens are probably still scratching their heads over that one.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:56 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Avengers #10
Review by Jude Terror
"The Great One Does It Again"

The Great One Brian Bendis has been turning marvel's tin cans into gold for ten years, and he's still doing it with this issue. Winning. All the trolls and losers trying to judge him are just jealous. His writing functions on a different level, one that is not a part of this terrestrial realm. Vatican assasin editors may have tried to take money away from Bendis's family by mixing up the infinity gem colors, but Bendis uses tiger blood instead of ink on his scripts. Um, yeah. Winning. He's like a rock star from Mars. So sorry, Haim Brevoort, you can't turn Bendis's awesome infinity gems story into your selfish personal exit strategy. Oh no, there's snappy dialog in the house, we're all gonna die! Haters are picking a fight with a warlock here, and anyone who rated this comic below a 9 can apologize, publicly, while licking The Great One's feet. Bendis's Avengers run is epic, man. The run he's had makes Busiek, Thomas, Stern, and Lee look like droopy-eyed armless children. Yeah, The Great One is on a drug, it's called Brian Bendis. It's not available, because if you take it, you'll die. Your children will weep over your exploded body.

Art: 0
Story: 20
Overall: 10

:lol:

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand