Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #264: Secret Warriors #25

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:51 am

So Borderlands can be played solo? I just read the description saying it was a 4 player online whatsamagig and blew it off. The hour I spent on Marvel Pinball yesterday was the first time I've played a game in months. I use my PS3 as Sony intended it, to watch illegally pirated television shows.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:59 am

Frank Einstein wrote:So Borderlands can be played solo? I just read the description saying it was a 4 player online whatsamagig and blew it off. The hour I spent on Marvel Pinball yesterday was the first time I've played a game in months. I use my PS3 as Sony intended it, to watch illegally pirated television shows.

Two more industries you're trying to destroy. Huzzah!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:11 am

Zero wrote:

He's trying to destroy all media.

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:11 am

Zero wrote:

Bringing down the corporate system is a full time job.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:15 am

Amlah = The Ghost?

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:22 am

I do not read enough corporate funny books to get that reference, Punchy. Please explain.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 am

Frank Einstein wrote:I do not read enough corporate funny books to get that reference, Punchy. Please explain.

The Ghost is an Iron Man villain and current member of the Thunderbolts, who's raison d'etre is bringing down corporations like Stark Industries and Roxxon.

Thunderbolts #151 was a spotlight issue on him, well worth getting, he was also in Iron Man: Disassembled.

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:43 am

I remember him in IM:D, but Fraction focused more on 'Osborne has sent him to kill Stark' than he did 'Ghost is out to take down corporate America' in which case Ghost is my new favorite Marvel hero. Sounds like a bunch of BS that he's a TBolt. He is obviously misunderstood and should get a Big Shot book to bring his anti-corporate agenda to the masses. Hopefully that's the unannounced Ellis/McKelvie project.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:51 am

Ok, so that was good but I have no clue what the fuck was going on and who half of the characters were. The art made it easy and extremely difficult to figure out who was who and what side they were on...like I said good but over all very confusing.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Nobody noticed that I gave less than a 7!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:40 pm

I did because I'll probably give it a 5 too if I get around to reviewing it before the PS3 goal is reached.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Punchy wrote:Nobody noticed that I gave less than a 7!

That's the equivalent to a negative infinity on the Punchy scale.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Punchy wrote:Nobody noticed that I gave less than a 7!

because you're not as important as amlah.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 pm

So...

I've read this issue. I've read this entire series. I have no idea what the point of it all is, or what's going on. Here's why:

I don't know who the fuck half the characters are. In this issue. In the whole series. I've read Marvel comics for most of my life. I've read a lot of them. But I have no fucking idea who half of these people are. Why are there like 10 different leaders of Hydra? Who the fuck are all the zodiac people besides Van Strucker, Nick Fury, and Dum Dum Dugan? How many Furies are there? Do they age? DId Nick Fury die in the past in this issue? He got shot in the head right? What was the point of the Arise, Serpentor, Arise style scavenger hunt in this issue? What were all those devices everyone was going after (besides MacGuffin devices)? Why would all of those people work together so easily, because Leonardo DaVinci told them to? None of it really makes sense.

This comic makes me feel stupid, but was somehow an enjoyable read anyway. I feel like this is my first issue of the thing despite reading the entire series and SHIELD.

Score: ????

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Jude Terror wrote:So...

I've read this issue. I've read this entire series. I have no idea what the point of it all is, or what's going on. Here's why:

I don't know who the fuck half the characters are. In this issue. In the whole series. I've read Marvel comics for most of my life. I've read a lot of them. But I have no fucking idea who half of these people are. Why are there like 10 different leaders of Hydra? Who the fuck are all the zodiac people besides Van Strucker, Nick Fury, and Dum Dum Dugan? How many Furies are there? Do they age? DId Nick Fury die in the past in this issue? He got shot in the head right? What was the point of the Arise, Serpentor, Arise style scavenger hunt in this issue? What were all those devices everyone was going after (besides MacGuffin devices)? Why would all of those people work together so easily, because Leonardo DaVinci told them to? None of it really makes sense.

This comic makes me feel stupid, but was somehow an enjoyable read anyway. I feel like this is my first issue of the thing despite reading the entire series and SHIELD.

Score: ????

Off the top of my head, there was the leader of the Hand, whoever was the original Kraken, Jake Fury and that Russian guy.

leave a comment with facebook