Advertisement

Review Group Week #264: Secret Warriors #25

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Review Group Week #264: Secret Warriors #25

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:51 am

So Borderlands can be played solo? I just read the description saying it was a 4 player online whatsamagig and blew it off. The hour I spent on Marvel Pinball yesterday was the first time I've played a game in months. I use my PS3 as Sony intended it, to watch illegally pirated television shows.

Advertisement

Zero
Zombie Guard

Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:59 am

Frank Einstein wrote:So Borderlands can be played solo? I just read the description saying it was a 4 player online whatsamagig and blew it off. The hour I spent on Marvel Pinball yesterday was the first time I've played a game in months. I use my PS3 as Sony intended it, to watch illegally pirated television shows.

Two more industries you're trying to destroy. Huzzah!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:11 am

Zero wrote:

He's trying to destroy all media.

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:11 am

Zero wrote:

Bringing down the corporate system is a full time job.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:15 am

Amlah = The Ghost?

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:22 am

I do not read enough corporate funny books to get that reference, Punchy. Please explain.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 am

Frank Einstein wrote:I do not read enough corporate funny books to get that reference, Punchy. Please explain.

The Ghost is an Iron Man villain and current member of the Thunderbolts, who's raison d'etre is bringing down corporations like Stark Industries and Roxxon.

Thunderbolts #151 was a spotlight issue on him, well worth getting, he was also in Iron Man: Disassembled.

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:43 am

I remember him in IM:D, but Fraction focused more on 'Osborne has sent him to kill Stark' than he did 'Ghost is out to take down corporate America' in which case Ghost is my new favorite Marvel hero. Sounds like a bunch of BS that he's a TBolt. He is obviously misunderstood and should get a Big Shot book to bring his anti-corporate agenda to the masses. Hopefully that's the unannounced Ellis/McKelvie project.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:51 am

Ok, so that was good but I have no clue what the fuck was going on and who half of the characters were. The art made it easy and extremely difficult to figure out who was who and what side they were on...like I said good but over all very confusing.

doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Nobody noticed that I gave less than a 7!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:40 pm

I did because I'll probably give it a 5 too if I get around to reviewing it before the PS3 goal is reached.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Punchy wrote:Nobody noticed that I gave less than a 7!

That's the equivalent to a negative infinity on the Punchy scale.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Punchy wrote:Nobody noticed that I gave less than a 7!

because you're not as important as amlah.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 25 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 pm

So...

I've read this issue. I've read this entire series. I have no idea what the point of it all is, or what's going on. Here's why:

I don't know who the fuck half the characters are. In this issue. In the whole series. I've read Marvel comics for most of my life. I've read a lot of them. But I have no fucking idea who half of these people are. Why are there like 10 different leaders of Hydra? Who the fuck are all the zodiac people besides Van Strucker, Nick Fury, and Dum Dum Dugan? How many Furies are there? Do they age? DId Nick Fury die in the past in this issue? He got shot in the head right? What was the point of the Arise, Serpentor, Arise style scavenger hunt in this issue? What were all those devices everyone was going after (besides MacGuffin devices)? Why would all of those people work together so easily, because Leonardo DaVinci told them to? None of it really makes sense.

This comic makes me feel stupid, but was somehow an enjoyable read anyway. I feel like this is my first issue of the thing despite reading the entire series and SHIELD.

Score: ????
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Jude Terror wrote:So...

I've read this issue. I've read this entire series. I have no idea what the point of it all is, or what's going on. Here's why:

I don't know who the fuck half the characters are. In this issue. In the whole series. I've read Marvel comics for most of my life. I've read a lot of them. But I have no fucking idea who half of these people are. Why are there like 10 different leaders of Hydra? Who the fuck are all the zodiac people besides Van Strucker, Nick Fury, and Dum Dum Dugan? How many Furies are there? Do they age? DId Nick Fury die in the past in this issue? He got shot in the head right? What was the point of the Arise, Serpentor, Arise style scavenger hunt in this issue? What were all those devices everyone was going after (besides MacGuffin devices)? Why would all of those people work together so easily, because Leonardo DaVinci told them to? None of it really makes sense.

This comic makes me feel stupid, but was somehow an enjoyable read anyway. I feel like this is my first issue of the thing despite reading the entire series and SHIELD.

Score: ????

Off the top of my head, there was the leader of the Hand, whoever was the original Kraken, Jake Fury and that Russian guy.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand