Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not ComicBook.com!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:16 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Next summer's Ultimate Event: Ultimate Teen Pregnancy by Bendis and Yu, with the spin-off series Ultimate Single Mother featuring MJ raising Dead Ultimate Spider-Man's kid.

I look forward to the bad dream scene where she gives birth to 500 baby spiders as the hospital staff are aghast with horror.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Eli should really send a condom and a safe sex pamphlet to his nephew with this..

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Punchy wrote:My pick for next week is Morning Glories #8.

what the heck is morning glories? Wasn't that a movie with Harrison Ford?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:36 pm

AMS wrote:

Image series by Nick 'The Next Big Thing' Spencer, it's Runaways meets LOST, and is awesome.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Punchy wrote:
Image series by Nick 'The Next Big Thing' Spencer, it's Runaways meets LOST, and is awesome.

Is #8 standalone?

Postby ****** » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:37 pm

AMS wrote:

First you hate Goonies, then you like Avengers #10, now you haven't even heard of Morning Glories? You sir are not to be trusted.

Postby ****** » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Punchy wrote:
Image series by Nick 'Patron Saint of the MGS' Spencer, it's Runaways meets LOST, and is awesome.

FIFY!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:41 pm

AMS wrote:
Is #8 standalone?

Each issue of this current arc is a character focus on one main character, so in one respect it will be, but in others, no. It's like an episode of LOST, where a flashback will be standalone, but the on-island story is continuing.

The first trade is out, and is fairly cheap.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Frank Einstein wrote:
First you hate Goonies, then you like Avengers #10, now you haven't even heard of Morning Glories? You sir are not to be trusted.

Goonies was on television sunday. I watched the first ten minutes but my brother was over and made me change it. Who did Josh Brolin play?

And my LCS doesn't have a dedicated Indy selection, if they carry the book I've never seen it. If I remember I'll look to see if they have any back issues of it on their wall.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Nick Spencer knows of the MGS. :shock:

Postby ****** » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:48 pm

In order to support Punchy in his quest to escape his long standing and well established corporate comic habits, I will order both #7 and #8 of Morning Glories so that I can do a review next week even though I am reading the series in trade.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Viscous Skid wrote:Eli should really send a condom and a safe sex pamphlet to his nephew with this..

Eli will give his nephew Sins Past and tell him that old men bang young blonds.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:24 pm

BlueStreak wrote:Nick Spencer knows of the MGS. :shock:

Well, how could you turn on the internet and not know about..wait, what?

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:26 pm

BlueStreak wrote:Nick Spencer knows of the MGS. :shock:

Proof?

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:32 pm

I'm setting up a phone interview with the Patron Saint of the MGS. He mentioned that he's looking forward to speaking with the MGS, probably to trade tips on upcoming books. It was totally unsolicited and I'm still stunned.

leave a comment with facebook