Advertisement

Double Special Review Group Week #266: Morning Glories #8

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: Double Special Review Group Week #266: Morning Glories #

Postby ****** » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:59 pm

Morning Glories #8

Apart from the sweet speculator profits, I didn't care much for the first issue of Morning Glories. It's a good thing the first trade was cheap, otherwise I might not have given the series a second chance. The first arc of the series turned out to be a lot of fun and this issue is probably my favorite of the series so far.

The initial setup wasn't anything extraordinary but the stuff with time and clocks was a cool mystery to add on top of everything else already going on. As far as every issue ending on a cliffhanger goes, it works for Walking Dead, no reason it can't work for Morning Glories as well and the double cliffhanger in this was one of the better cliffhangers up to this point.

While I'm still not a fan of the aesthetic of the art in this series, I do think Eisma is growing a lot as a storyteller. The whole exchange in the library was really well done, especially the subtle glances.

I'm not going to do anything crazy like start to read this in single issues, but this issue did increase my excitement for the second trade quite a bit.

Story: 9
Art: 7
Overall: 8

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand