Friday, September 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Resistance is futile."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #269: Brightest Day #23

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:07 am

doombug wrote::lol: Twigg any clue why we are suddenly a couple?

doom buggery?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:11 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
doom buggery?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that if only because it's mostly my name.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:12 am

SilverPhoenix wrote:I have a BIG Question before I write my review.

Did Swamp Thing ever die?

The Dysart run never ended, so he's still just Swamp Thinging around. Not really sure how you'd be able to kill him in the first place...

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:15 am

doombug wrote::lol: Twigg any clue why we are suddenly a couple?

I asked Loltron if we could be paired together in a wacky MTV reality show type of way. We're currently filming a series where you're the Green Lantern loving intelligent one, and I'm the cool jock who hates cosmic shit. We both learn alot about life and.. is their love on the cards?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:48 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
Shows up for me.

Also, reported.

Well, you did.

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:11 am

This has been such a boring and tedious series. I only continued to buy the issues because I was more than halfway thru it

Mammon, Fool Breaker

Peanut

Postby Mammon, Fool Breaker » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 am

I really liked this issue, Aquaman made his return looking like he had just drank some Caprisun. I've got my money on Dove getting killed, I really think it's going to happen, or at least I hope it does.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:37 am

Brightest Day #23

THIS is what an epic is all about, and this issue solidifies it. The return of Swamp Thing??? Brilliant!!!! The art is exactly what I want and expect from a comic book. Pretty and clear pictures with bright vivid colors attached to a story that soars under its own greatness with ease.

This is the kind of story Bendis and those Marvel Zombies have tried to put out for the last ten years with horrible results. They really need to learn a lesson from this team because this issue (and this series) is the event to beat since Marvel's original Secret Wars!

Thanks everyone who read it. I appreciate it!

Story: 10
Art: 10
My Score: 10

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:25 am

starlord wrote:Brightest Day #23

THIS is what an epic is all about, and this issue solidifies it. The return of Swamp Thing??? Brilliant!!!! The art is exactly what I want and expect from a comic book. Pretty and clear pictures with bright vivid colors attached to a story that soars under its own greatness with ease.

This is the kind of story Bendis and those Marvel Zombies have tried to put out for the last ten years with horrible results. They really need to learn a lesson from this team because this issue (and this series) is the event to beat since Marvel's original Secret Wars!

whatever drugs you're taking, i'll take 2 please.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:32 am

How can a talking heads issue be epic?

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 am

I only spout the truth.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:42 am

Apparently this beats Secret Wars.

This and every other comic published in the last 10 years.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:43 pm

:shock: Did Brian just pull a Jude?

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:53 pm

starlord wrote:Brightest Day #23

That can't be a legitimate view of the series.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 pm

I thought it was obvious Starlord is only joking with his reviews?

For a start... he doesn't like the Great one. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook