Friday, July 29, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

GODZILLA!!!!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:50 am

You know why spam the poor The Tokusatsu Thread when a being of this magnitude deserves a thread of his own (that and the Rama one with no you tube fizzled). SO NOW I TRY AGAIN!! TO BRING YOU THE KING OF THE MONSTERS!! GODZILLA!

[youtube=425,344,qZH552KKtQ8][/youtube]

[youtube=425,344,tAMSaYTCYhI][/youtube]

Oh and yes Godzilla does have an evil sense of humor..

[youtube=425,344,GOjr_jBuKj0][/youtube]
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:57 am

[youtube=425,344,_Nziu_8m-AU]see?[/youtube]
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:01 am

[youtube=425,344,0yrUG4uf2kY][/youtube]
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:03 am

BOW DOWN TO THE KING!!!

[youtube=425,344,noAtx2D-pW8][/youtube]
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:10 am

Zechs wrote:BOW DOWN TO THE KING!!!


[youtube=425,344,5glgn8rmELE]Hmm?[/youtube]


? :twisted:
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:13 am

Lord Simian wrote:[youtube=425,344,5glgn8rmELE]Hmm?[/youtube]


? :twisted:


That's the wrestling king. :P

[youtube=425,344,d515uOIXYc8][/youtube]

[youtube=425,344,6MhKhRuJoEE][/youtube]
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:16 am

Did I ever mention that my grandfather was a sound engineer, and he worked on a lot of the dubbing of those films into English? Maybe that's why I loved Godzilla as a kid. :)
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:21 am

Lord Simian wrote:Did I ever mention that my grandfather was a sound engineer, and he worked on a lot of the dubbing of those films into English? Maybe that's why I loved Godzilla as a kid. :)


That's a good reason. Mine? I dunno what the hell my first Godzilla film was. All I know is.. I watched one and got hooked in forever. The only Godzilla film I ever saw in the theater (and one of them old fashioned ones too) was Godzilla 1985 at the North Riverside theater which was like knocked down in the mid 90s.

I think I saw King Kong Escapes there too.. but I don't remember that one as much as seeing 1985. Probably for the best.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:23 am

Zechs wrote:That's a good reason. Mine? I dunno what the hell my first Godzilla film was. All I know is.. I watched one and got hooked in forever. The only Godzilla film I ever saw in the theater (and one of them old fashioned ones too) was Godzilla 1985 at the North Riverside theater which was like knocked down in the mid 90s.


I've never seen a real Godzilla film in a theater. The closest was the Matthew Broderick film, which I DO love, but it's not, you know... GODZILLA. :)

But I grew up in NYC, and on Thanksgiving, they used to show the parade and then Godzilla films all day long on WPIX when I was a kid. :)
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:41 am

Lord Simian wrote:I've never seen a real Godzilla film in a theater. The closest was the Matthew Broderick film, which I DO love, but it's not, you know... GODZILLA. :)

But I grew up in NYC, and on Thanksgiving, they used to show the parade and then Godzilla films all day long on WPIX when I was a kid. :)


I saw that film too but refuse to call it fully that because he didn't destroy a freakin building and was beast of mass destruction. :P

I don't know where but my dad taped Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster, Godzilla vs the Sea Monster, Godzilla vs Gigan, and Godzilla vs Monster Zero. Unfortnatly, the tape got destroyed in the early 90s :(

Only VHS tapes I still have when I was a kid are the original ones Godzilla Raids Again, Godzilla vs Megalon, and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. I only recently got Godzilla 1985 because I got tired of waiting. Plus I also have the remaining Heisi Era (Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II, Godzilla vs Destroyah) taped thanks to Starz. :twisted:

I could have taped Godzilla vs Mothra and Godzilla vs Space Godzilla but not really a fan of either. I'm kicking myself in the ass though that I didn't tape Rebirth of Mothra III when I had the chance. I remember once seeing the first two at Fries and thought gee if those two are out the third one gotta be out too. Still haven't see it :(

[youtube=425,344,WcciEUTBBvc][/youtube]
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:43 am

[youtube=425,344,uFbfV1fpo70][/youtube]

Just cause I LOVE Grand King Ghidorah's design.

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:27 am

It's actually pronounced Gah-zir-rah
User avatar

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:37 am

Zechs wrote:That's a good reason. Mine? I dunno what the hell my first Godzilla film was. All I know is.. I watched one and got hooked in forever. The only Godzilla film I ever saw in the theater (and one of them old fashioned ones too) was Godzilla 1985 at the North Riverside theater which was like knocked down in the mid 90s.


Mine was Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster. Not the greatest, but it was enough to hook my young self.

First one I saw in a theater was Godzilla 2000, which got a limited run here. Second was Gojira, at a special screening in a huge local theater with a fantastic sound system. Very cool.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:03 pm

jza1218 wrote:It's actually pronounced Gah-zir-rah


Yeah, but whose gonna no Gah zir rah? Or are you talking about Gojira? Cause that's how the original was released in America two years ago.

Severed Djed wrote:Mine was Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster. Not the greatest, but it was enough to hook my young self.

First one I saw in a theater was Godzilla 2000, which got a limited run here. Second was Gojira, at a special screening in a huge local theater with a fantastic sound system. Very cool.


Yeah, all those old Showa Godzilla for the most part are great for kids but when you see it as an adult some years later they sure don't go down as well.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:08 pm

[youtube=425,344,tyeSy7gjsWI][/youtube]

[youtube=425,344,Uu9RuZPuDqs][/youtube]

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DarthEwok, DJ Convoy, Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], Jack Burton, MSNbot Media and 29 guests