Friday, September 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #273: Avengers Academy #13

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 11, 2011 7:55 am

thefourthman wrote:I have never heard that phrase before. I assume it is only used by idiots who say things like "various and sundry".


You've never heard of an ATM Machine?
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 7:57 am

Punchy wrote:
You've never heard of an ATM Machine?

An atm is an automated teller machine. I have never heard anyone say "ATM Machine". I hear people ask where the ATM is or say they use the ATM, I have never heard anyone ask where the atm machine is.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 11, 2011 8:02 am

thefourthman wrote:An atm is an automated teller machine. I have never heard anyone say "ATM Machine". I hear people ask where the ATM is or say they use the ATM, I have never heard anyone ask where the atm machine is.


Really?

What about "Free Gift"?

"Over-exaggerate"?

Tautologies and redundancies are not only common in our language but very acceptable, get over yourself and stop being a prick.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 8:05 am

Punchy wrote:
Really?

What about "Free Gift"?

"Over-exaggerate"?

Tautologies and redundancies are not only common in our language but very acceptable, get over yourself and stop being a prick.

really?
I'm being a prick. You could have just taken me being an asshole or a smartass and stepped above it, but you want to belabor the point.

Television uses "Free Gift" to sell shit to people that isn't free so it is purely a misnomer.

Over-exaggerate is about degrees, dumbass.

Don't get all high and mighty over someone being a prick or, possibly, joking around with you. Cranky ass.

Talk about getting over yourself.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 am

Punchy wrote:Does Fourthman go crazy when someone mentions 'ATM Machines'?


He does, but only because he thinks ATM stands for Ass To Mouth.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 11, 2011 8:13 am

thefourthman wrote:really?
I'm being a prick. You could have just taken me being an asshole or a smartass and stepped above it, but you want to belabor the point.

Television uses "Free Gift" to sell shit to people that isn't free so it is purely a misnomer.

Over-exaggerate is about degrees, dumbass.

Don't get all high and mighty over someone being a prick or, possibly, joking around with you. Cranky ass.

Talk about getting over yourself.


You could have just not been a dick and actually read my review.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 8:13 am

Punchy wrote:
You could have just not been a dick and actually read my review.

you could have read Batwoman too.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 8:16 am

why would you want me to read your review anyhow? If I had that much of a problem with like the first sentence, what would I have done to the rest of it? :P
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 11, 2011 8:18 am

thefourthman wrote:why would you want me to read your review anyhow? If I had that much of a problem with like the first sentence, what would I have done to the rest of it? :P


For various and sundry reasons, I would imagine.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 8:18 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
For various and sundry reasons, I would imagine.

oh, I get it now.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 11, 2011 8:19 am

thefourthman wrote:you could have read Batwoman too.


I have read it.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 11, 2011 8:19 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
For various and sundry reasons, I would imagine.


Exactly!
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 8:19 am

Punchy wrote:
I have read it.

quitter, unprincipled snot. waffler.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 11, 2011 8:20 am

thefourthman wrote:quitter, unprincipled snot. waffler.


I got it for free, what am I gonna do, burn it?
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 8:21 am

Punchy wrote:
I got it for free, what am I gonna do, burn it?

given your irrational fear of it, yes, that is exactly what I expected you to do. Especially given how many people offered it to you for free while you ignored them, including me.

Did you review it?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Herald, Punchy and 72 guests

cron