Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #274: Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed May 11, 2011 3:46 pm

Punchy wrote:
Marvel are just better.



:smt097
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed May 11, 2011 3:49 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
For some reason, the mental image of a bunch of hipster boys stumbling over each other to run after some girl in leggings made me laugh.


picture her body blowing up like a Macey's Thanksgiving Day float and it gets even funnier.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 11, 2011 4:02 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
For some reason, the mental image of a bunch of hipster boys stumbling over each other to run after some girl in leggings made me laugh.


Hipster boys plus one middle-aged dude a little older than me who always tries to White Knight on the young and female trainwrecks, no matter how dissolute or riddled with tuberculosis and throat herpes they may be. There is one young Faceborg addict in every morning for the free wifi who I'm sure would blow him for a carton of Camels and a case of Friskies™, as she was determining today whether to spend her last few dollars on cigarettes or food for her cat (while Faceborging and scribbling obsessively in a diary about poetry and boys instead of looking for a job or re-enrolling in school).
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Starlord wrote:
picture her body blowing up like a Macey's Thanksgiving Day float and it gets even funnier.


Maybe she floated away, because they came back empty-handed and forlorn.
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Hipster boys plus one middle-aged dude a little older than me who always tries to White Knight on the young and female trainwrecks, no matter how dissolute or riddled with tuberculosis and throat herpes they may be. There is one young Faceborg addict in every morning for the free wifi who I'm sure would blow him for a carton of Camels and a case of Friskies™, as she was determining today whether to spend her last few dollars on cigarettes or food for her cat today (while Faceborging and scribbling obsessively in a diary about poetry and boys).


She better have bought the fucking food. Otherwise, I'll be over tomorrow to with something metal to throw at her.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed May 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Maybe she floated away, because they came back empty-handed and forlorn.


back in my college days that's exactly when I would swoop in for the kill. :twisted:
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Starlord wrote:
back in my college days that's exactly when I would swoop in for the kill. :twisted:


Yeah you could do plenty of swooping on this crowd, believe me. You might even out-swoop yourself, or even over-swoop yourself, and have to take a few days off to ice things down there.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed May 11, 2011 4:07 pm

thefourthman wrote:wow, we should change the name of the group to Marvel Review Group.

Maybe we should change it to "poster who doesn't contribute to the group anymore bitches about other people's picks" :wink:
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed May 11, 2011 4:09 pm

And it was just a suggestion, I'm sure my actual pick will make certain people bitch even more if I go with it. :lol:
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed May 11, 2011 4:11 pm

doombug wrote:And it was just a suggestion, I'm sure my actual pick will make certain people bitch even more if I go with it. :lol:


Just reveal it.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 11, 2011 4:14 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
She better have bought the fucking food. Otherwise, I'll be over tomorrow to with something metal to throw at her.


When she left, she had determined to buy the cat food and wanted a pat on the head and a cookie for being so damn heroic and selfless. However, I have never witnessed a less resolute human being in my entire life.

Every morning. Every morning she starts a conversation with 1) "OMIGOD I got SO drunk last night!" or 2) "Well, I guess I'm never gonna get over this thing if I keep smoking so much!" Because she is ALWAYS sick, coughing and snuffling, for over 6 months now. Which is why I call her Patient Zero in my head.

PZ is always telling everyone how busy she is, and then when I look over she is either reading Faceborg upddates or looking at pictures of puppies and kitties on the internet. Today PZ had a friend with her who was wearing plastic grocery bags on her feet and was also coughing the whole time, and occasionally gasping for air. I wasn't sure if she had asthma or PZ Syndrome though.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed May 11, 2011 4:17 pm

GLX wrote:
Just reveal it.

Need BS to pm me the list to make sure it's on there.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 11, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm working on a sign that says:

PLEASE NOTE: BAGELS MAY CONTAIN NUTS, SEEDS, FRUIT, GLUTEN, SALT, SUGAR, WHEAT, OATS, VEGETABLES, CHEESE, DOUGH, BREAD, NUGAT, HORSE TRANQUILIZERS, INSECT PARTS, HAIRS, EMPLOYEE BODILY FLUIDS, VITAMINS, HERBS, SHELLFISH, YEAST, ROGAINE, SEVERAL OSHA-REGULATED CARGINOGENS, JAPANESE NUCLEAR WASTE, RACISM, HOLES, THUMBTACKS, COPIES OF MIKE NENO'S THE SIGNIFIERS, AND/OR DICE.
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Squid,

This girl doesn't happen to have incredibly bushy brown hair, does she? If so, I might know her.

And DB, do you need me to send you the Diamond list or the RG list?
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 11, 2011 4:42 pm

BlueStreak wrote:Squid,

This girl doesn't happen to have incredibly bushy brown hair, does she? If so, I might know her.

And DB, do you need me to send you the Diamond list or the RG list?


Don't tell me that, if I can't complain about people anonymously on the internets I will never log in here again.

Seriously though? PM me if so.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ward Fowler, Zenith and 72 guests