Advertisement

Review Group Week #274: Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Review Group Week #274: Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt #1

Postby Starlord » Wed May 11, 2011 3:46 pm

Punchy wrote:
Marvel are just better.

:smt097

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed May 11, 2011 3:49 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
For some reason, the mental image of a bunch of hipster boys stumbling over each other to run after some girl in leggings made me laugh.

picture her body blowing up like a Macey's Thanksgiving Day float and it gets even funnier.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed May 11, 2011 4:02 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
For some reason, the mental image of a bunch of hipster boys stumbling over each other to run after some girl in leggings made me laugh.

Hipster boys plus one middle-aged dude a little older than me who always tries to White Knight on the young and female trainwrecks, no matter how dissolute or riddled with tuberculosis and throat herpes they may be. There is one young Faceborg addict in every morning for the free wifi who I'm sure would blow him for a carton of Camels and a case of Friskies™, as she was determining today whether to spend her last few dollars on cigarettes or food for her cat (while Faceborging and scribbling obsessively in a diary about poetry and boys instead of looking for a job or re-enrolling in school).
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Wed May 11, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed May 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Starlord wrote:
picture her body blowing up like a Macey's Thanksgiving Day float and it gets even funnier.

Maybe she floated away, because they came back empty-handed and forlorn.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Hipster boys plus one middle-aged dude a little older than me who always tries to White Knight on the young and female trainwrecks, no matter how dissolute or riddled with tuberculosis and throat herpes they may be. There is one young Faceborg addict in every morning for the free wifi who I'm sure would blow him for a carton of Camels and a case of Friskies™, as she was determining today whether to spend her last few dollars on cigarettes or food for her cat today (while Faceborging and scribbling obsessively in a diary about poetry and boys).

She better have bought the fucking food. Otherwise, I'll be over tomorrow to with something metal to throw at her.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed May 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Maybe she floated away, because they came back empty-handed and forlorn.

back in my college days that's exactly when I would swoop in for the kill. :twisted:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed May 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Starlord wrote:
back in my college days that's exactly when I would swoop in for the kill. :twisted:

Yeah you could do plenty of swooping on this crowd, believe me. You might even out-swoop yourself, or even over-swoop yourself, and have to take a few days off to ice things down there.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Wed May 11, 2011 4:07 pm

thefourthman wrote:wow, we should change the name of the group to Marvel Review Group.

Maybe we should change it to "poster who doesn't contribute to the group anymore bitches about other people's picks" :wink:

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed May 11, 2011 4:09 pm

And it was just a suggestion, I'm sure my actual pick will make certain people bitch even more if I go with it. :lol:

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed May 11, 2011 4:11 pm

doombug wrote:And it was just a suggestion, I'm sure my actual pick will make certain people bitch even more if I go with it. :lol:

Just reveal it.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed May 11, 2011 4:14 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
She better have bought the fucking food. Otherwise, I'll be over tomorrow to with something metal to throw at her.

When she left, she had determined to buy the cat food and wanted a pat on the head and a cookie for being so damn heroic and selfless. However, I have never witnessed a less resolute human being in my entire life.

Every morning. Every morning she starts a conversation with 1) "OMIGOD I got SO drunk last night!" or 2) "Well, I guess I'm never gonna get over this thing if I keep smoking so much!" Because she is ALWAYS sick, coughing and snuffling, for over 6 months now. Which is why I call her Patient Zero in my head.

PZ is always telling everyone how busy she is, and then when I look over she is either reading Faceborg upddates or looking at pictures of puppies and kitties on the internet. Today PZ had a friend with her who was wearing plastic grocery bags on her feet and was also coughing the whole time, and occasionally gasping for air. I wasn't sure if she had asthma or PZ Syndrome though.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed May 11, 2011 4:17 pm

GLX wrote:
Just reveal it.

Need BS to pm me the list to make sure it's on there.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed May 11, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm working on a sign that says:

PLEASE NOTE: BAGELS MAY CONTAIN NUTS, SEEDS, FRUIT, GLUTEN, SALT, SUGAR, WHEAT, OATS, VEGETABLES, CHEESE, DOUGH, BREAD, NUGAT, HORSE TRANQUILIZERS, INSECT PARTS, HAIRS, EMPLOYEE BODILY FLUIDS, VITAMINS, HERBS, SHELLFISH, YEAST, ROGAINE, SEVERAL OSHA-REGULATED CARGINOGENS, JAPANESE NUCLEAR WASTE, RACISM, HOLES, THUMBTACKS, COPIES OF MIKE NENO'S THE SIGNIFIERS, AND/OR DICE.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Review Group Week #274: Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt #1

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Squid,

This girl doesn't happen to have incredibly bushy brown hair, does she? If so, I might know her.

And DB, do you need me to send you the Diamond list or the RG list?

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed May 11, 2011 4:42 pm

BlueStreak wrote:Squid,

This girl doesn't happen to have incredibly bushy brown hair, does she? If so, I might know her.

And DB, do you need me to send you the Diamond list or the RG list?

Don't tell me that, if I can't complain about people anonymously on the internets I will never log in here again.

Seriously though? PM me if so.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand