Wednesday, May 4, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Those who arrive survive. Maybe."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Review Group Week #274: Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed May 11, 2011 10:07 pm

doombug wrote:fine Hawkeye isn't my pick. I guess I'll relook at the goddamn list and get back to the group.

I can't pick rocketeer because you know for a fact that will just be as difficult to find. If only it was a godzilla week. :-(

My brief bought of happiness is now over. :smt011

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed May 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Starlord wrote:
Though I cringe at another Marvel book I do have to say that I love your selection. I tip my hat to you.

What about a handless salute? :P

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Starlord wrote:
My brief bought of happiness is now over. :smt011

I want to pick it. I think it's an incredibly strong mini. But I apparently need 2 reviews other than my own and fourthy to shut the fuck up about supposedly not being able to find a marvel book.

I'd pick rocketeer but honestly, I'm pretty sure it's 10 times harder to find a new #1 IDW title than it is to find a #4 from one of the big two.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu May 12, 2011 1:54 am

I should write Godzilla.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu May 12, 2011 2:19 am

You know what? Fuck Fourthy it's not his damn week.

Next weeks pick is Hawkeye Blindspot #4 and that's final. 8)

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu May 12, 2011 4:15 am

Notice how the bitching and arguing quotient went up like 200% when Fourthman returned?

Oshawott_Is_Dead

Postby Oshawott_Is_Dead » Thu May 12, 2011 4:24 am

Punchy wrote:Notice how the bitching and arguing quotient went up like 200% when Fourthman returned?

Who's Fourthman? Is He The Black Hand To Our DC Universe?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu May 12, 2011 5:17 am

TheRageVirus18 wrote:
Who's Fourthman? Is He The Black Hand To Our DC Universe?

The guy with the Elijah Snow avatar and the Orange username.

He's more like Larfleeze.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu May 12, 2011 5:45 am

doombug wrote:I want to pick it. I think it's an incredibly strong mini. But I apparently need 2 reviews other than my own and fourthy to shut the fuck up about supposedly not being able to find a marvel book.

I'd pick rocketeer but honestly, I'm pretty sure it's 10 times harder to find a new #1 IDW title than it is to find a #4 from one of the big two.

we'll see and you are right, it is your pick and your doom! (I really only bitch cause we don;t carry it on the shelf, hence the reason I didn't even know it existed.)

Postby ****** » Thu May 12, 2011 6:00 am

john lewis hawk wrote:I should write Godzilla.

You couldn't have done any worse than that first issue.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu May 12, 2011 7:30 am

John Snow wrote:
You couldn't have done any worse than that first issue.

Truthy.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu May 12, 2011 8:33 am

Nice reduction in pages on this book, Marvel. :roll:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu May 12, 2011 1:45 pm

This was good, it probably should have been called Fear Itself: The Initiative or something though, because it really is a follow-up to that book.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Fri May 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Fear Itself: Youth in revolt #1

I like Sean McKeever, I think he has put out some quality stuff in the past. Sadly this is not an example of that.

The book suffers from a few different problems, one of which is that it is not very accessible to new readers, which is terrible for a mini. They reference stuff that happened in young allies, they reference stuff from the initiative, they reference stuff from the new warriors from long ago, heck they even reference last weeks review group pick. All in all it makes you feel like you missed out on some important aspects of the story. Another issue is that I have no clue who this prodigy person is, and since his costume is ridiculous I hope he dies in the course of this book.

Aside from that the hook just isn't interesting, I see no villains in this and cliffhanger is yawn inducing. I really don't care if Thor girl goes to jail over some silly misunderstanding, but I feel like this plot should be in a sitcom rather than a comic book.

The art serviced the story okay, but the cover is hideous. I looked everywhere to see the Liefeld signature but I couldn't find it.

Art 3
Story 2

overall 2.5

I will not finish this series.

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Fri May 13, 2011 5:56 pm

So next week is the Hawkeye book after all? Jerks! :x

Also, oddly enough, I couldn't find Youth in Revolt at the shop I went to.

leave a comment with facebook