Wednesday, July 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #275: Hawkeye: Blindspot #4

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Always Right wrote:I originally read Iron Man as featuring the "Fat Controller". Now that I'd like to see.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Wed May 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Epic thread.

And I can't believe Brian is complaining about sticking body parts up asses.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed May 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Poor Doomie, it's his birthday week. Still, I remember X-Men Forever Doomie. I remember. :x

Postby ****** » Wed May 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Poor Doomie, it's his birthday week. Still, I remember X-Men Forever Doomie. I remember. :x

I'm sure his bestest facebook friend the Hawkeye writer will post an epically hilarious gif on his wall thingamajig celebrating the occasion.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed May 18, 2011 6:57 pm

John Snow wrote:
I'm sure his bestest facebook friend the Hawkeye writer will post an epically hilarious gif on his wall thingamajig celebrating the occasion.

and I'm sure you'll continue to be bitchy for no real reason at all. :wink:

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 18, 2011 7:26 pm

John Snow wrote:
Should have quit last week, IMO.

:lol:

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Hawkeye: Blindshot #1

“Blah, blah, Crazy, Blah.” Quote of the year.

Anyhow, I thought I would hate this. I am not a huge Hawkeye fan and I read none of the rest of the series. Surprisingly enough, I didn’t. It’s a decent read, even if Hawkeye’s come back during the fight in the issue is not explained at all and makes little sense (especially when he catches the arrow!).

Giving Marvel’s sharp shooting hero trouble seeing is interesting. I couldn’t quite reconicile the artist's interpretation of what Bart was seeing with the written explanation of how he was maintaining in the battle, but it is a good idea and wondering about Daredevil’s powers was a nice touch.

The recap page is unneeded. The story does a fine job of letting the reader know the score and that is a good thing. I would have rather had another page of story than wordiness.

As good as that quote is at the top of my review, the last line was groan inspiring. A little too on the nose for me.

The art is a mixed bag. It is a neat take on manga influence, showing hints of stuff like Fist of the North Star and some more fringe titles from across the ocean. However, the design on Clint’s brother’s costume is dumb looking and the coloring is all wrong in some places. However, Clint and Zemo look great. As an aside, what the hell was going on with Steve’s shield, is it all translucent now?

Thank god for MRRC. Otherwise I couldn’t have read this as we didn’t get any shelf copies (as I surmised) and I still bet people have a hard time finding this.

Story 3
Art 3

Overall 6

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed May 18, 2011 9:28 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Epic thread.

And I can't believe Brian is complaining about sticking body parts up asses.

Good one.

I was just trying to do some gentle ribbing, I honestly like both Marvel and DC. Both have good and bad, just like the Bin Laden family. :smt102

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Wed May 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Starlord wrote:
Good one.

I was just trying to do some gentle ribbing, I honestly like both Marvel and DC. Both have good and bad, just like the Bin Laden family. :smt102

:lol:

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 18, 2011 9:37 pm

John Snow wrote:
I support Punchy's recommendation. I would like to try and issue of War Machine before ordering the eventual trade.

X-Force (which was good again this month) had a full issue of War Machine in the back, where Rhodey gets his sweet new armor.

Postby ****** » Wed May 18, 2011 10:25 pm

An X-Force book without Cable carrying guns bigger than elephants isn't an X-Force book I want to read.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu May 19, 2011 4:23 am

So glad they killed that guy.

Postby ****** » Thu May 19, 2011 7:46 am

Victorian Squid wrote:So glad they killed that guy.

Enjoy your Wolverine/Deadpool team-up, indie comix nerd.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu May 19, 2011 9:53 am

John Snow wrote:
Enjoy your Wolverine/Deadpool team-up, indie comix nerd.

Happily, I don't even think Deadpool was in this issue.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu May 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Wait, I thought you were the indie comix nerd? :?

How can I get you to start reading THUNDER Agents monthly, John Snow?

leave a comment with facebook