Advertisement

Review Group Week #275: Hawkeye: Blindspot #4

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Re: Review Group Week #275: Hawkeye: Blindspot #4

Postby thefourthman » Tue May 24, 2011 10:18 pm

doombug wrote:I'll review it when I get it. Worry about your own life. :wink:

my life?
that's what this is about!
I had to review a last issue of a mini-series about a character I could give two fucks about and you don't even bother to bother with it!
GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT MAN!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue May 24, 2011 10:19 pm

thefourthman wrote:my life?
I had to review a last issue of a mini-series about a character I could give two fucks about and you don't even bother to bother with it!

You reviewed said comic when it would have been a great week for an Amber Atoms. Get YOUR priorities straight! :x

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post

Postby doombug » Tue May 24, 2011 10:21 pm

thefourthman wrote:my life?

I know your performance posting but...You don't have to read and review every single book of the review group. :smt011

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue May 24, 2011 10:23 pm

For reals, people! :smt013

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue May 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
You reviewed said comic when it would have been a great week for an Amber Atoms. Get YOUR priorities straight! :x

YOU shut the fuck up!

Postby ****** » Tue May 24, 2011 11:17 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:

4 reviews has to be a new low for a Marvel book (The RG does looooove it's Marvel) maybe we should come up with a Blindspot rule.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue May 24, 2011 11:17 pm

doombug wrote:I know your performance posting but...You don't have to read and review every single book of the review group. :smt011

I may have to punch you hard in the face and shit.... :wink:

It should be a rule going forward that if you don't review YOUR book the week WE review it, then you forfeit your next turn at bat.

Postby ****** » Tue May 24, 2011 11:24 pm

thefourthman wrote:I may have to punch you hard in the face and shit.... :wink:

It should be a rule going forward that if you don't review YOUR book the week WE review it, then you forfeit your next turn at bat.

I've always been in favor of kicking out anyone who doesn't review their own pick until they post another review.

I should have made that a rule. Too bad I had to use up all my mojo at the end of my tyranny on drawing the line at $3.99 because some people :glares at 4thy: couldn't restrain themselves. :roll:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 pm

John Snow wrote:
I've always been in favor of kicking out anyone who doesn't review their own pick until they post another review.

I should have made that a rule. Too bad I had to use up all my mojo at the end of my tyranny on drawing the line at $3.99 because some people :glares at 4thy: couldn't restrain themselves. :roll:

we missed out on some good books because of your silly price rule. The epicness of a thread where Superman gives up his citizenship glares at you, you bastard.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Wed May 25, 2011 12:51 am

John Snow wrote:
4 reviews has to be a new low for a Marvel book (The RG does looooove it's Marvel) maybe we should come up with a Blindspot rule.

The Blindspot Rule would be what exactly? If you select a Marvel book that four people or less review, that is the final chapter of a limited series, and that you fail to review yourself, you earn John Snow's unending contempt.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post

Postby doombug » Wed May 25, 2011 2:03 am

I said I'd review the book when I can get to the comic, christ fourthy. How many times do I have to write something in order for you to understand it. :?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed May 25, 2011 6:59 am

Fourthman is such a bitch.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 25, 2011 7:20 am

doombug wrote:I said I'd review the book when I can get to the comic, christ fourthy. How many times do I have to write something in order for you to understand it. :?

all I am saying, this was a pick that was pretty contested and was stated to be a book that would have a low turn out and you couldn't even be bothered to be timely with yours... if YOU aren't even excited about it, why should we be?

You can say you will review it later all you want... doesn't change the fact that you haven't or that it was probably a bad pick to begin with...

I'm not even suggesting group kicking, cause as small as we are (active review wise, every week) we need that like we need another punchy... all I am suggesting is that there should be some penalty for folks who can't be bothered with their own book (or timely with it)... It shouldn't be that big of a deal to review your own pick on the week the book ships.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed May 25, 2011 7:22 am

Doombug, when you write your review, make sure to use the phrase 'various and sundry'.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am

thefourthman wrote:
all I am saying, this was a pick that was pretty contested and was stated to be a book that would have a low turn out and you couldn't even be bothered to be timely with yours... if YOU aren't even excited about it, why should we be?

You can say you will review it later all you want... doesn't change the fact that you haven't or that it was probably a bad pick to begin with...

I'm not even suggesting group kicking, cause as small as we are (active review wise, every week) we need that like we need another punchy... all I am suggesting is that there should be some penalty for folks who can't be bothered with their own book (or timely with it)... It shouldn't be that big of a deal to review your own pick on the week the book ships.

Agreed. Every time someone doesn't review their own book, fourthy gets bumped down one spot in the rotation.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand