Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Review Group Week #276: Spencer Double Team!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Wed May 25, 2011 1:51 pm

Jerks!! :x

That would have happened regardless of whatever it is Squid blacked out.

Postby ****** » Wed May 25, 2011 1:51 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:If Royal doesn't review this week let's kick him out!

^Royal, don't click on that.

Nah, let's keep Royal and kick everyone else out!

^Everyone else, don't click on that.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 25, 2011 1:59 pm

John Snow wrote:
Nah, let's keep Royal and kick everyone else out!

^Everyone else, don't click on that.

I like the snap of your brim.

Also, good idea!

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Wed May 25, 2011 2:03 pm

I agree. That is a good idea.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 25, 2011 2:06 pm

John Snow wrote:Nextwave transcended it's mainstream work for hire comics status.

All that other stuff is plainly inferior, yes.

Except it didn't, it was Ellis trying to be hyper-mainstream really.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed May 25, 2011 2:09 pm

at what point should we start to think twig is involved in the sex slave trade or in a box rotting under punch's bed? Which I guess is the same thing.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 25, 2011 2:12 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:at what point should we start to think twig is involved in the sex slave trade or in a box rotting under punch's bed? Which I guess is the same thing.

He's not under my bed, his Facebook indicates he was somewhere called 'Seajay's Disco' only 6 hours ago.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Punchy wrote:
He's not under my bed, his Facebook indicates he was somewhere called 'Seajay's Disco' only 6 hours ago.

For his sake, I hope "disco" means something totally different over there, like "biscuit".

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
For his sake, I hope "disco" means something totally different over there, like "biscuit".

It means discotheque.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed May 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Secret Avengers #13

I won't say I was excited for this, but I will say I was expecting much more.

The book focuses on Hank "Beast" McCoy who tries to talk his dear friend Lonny out of chilling on the House floor while a freaking enemy army invades DC. We are supposed to care about Lonny because he marched beside MLK Jr., fights for the rights of coal miners and supposedly stopped congress from passing anti-mutant laws or something. At first Lonny makes up some excuse about passing a bill as the reason for why he refuses to leave, then he says it is because he wants people to see everything going as normal in the midst of a crisis, and finally it ends with him reciting Lincoln's gettysburg address from memory while he is killed in an attack by sixty year old robots.

This book is totally pointless. It adds nothing to any of the characters in the story, it isn't the least bit compelling, it is preachy, and it asks you to care about a protagonist you just met as he is killed in one of the most asinine ways as possible. The cast lacks any of the personality you're accustomed to and at least four members of the team are completely absent from the book totally. Worst of all the efforst put into making you like this Lonny character are so over the top preachy you may just want to throw up.

The only redeemable part of this book was the art, I've always enjoyed Eaton's work. He isn't my favorite but it wasn't terrible like the rest of this monstrous waste of time.

story-0
art 7

overall 0, this may be the worst comic book of 2011. At least I got to read Lorna for free.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed May 25, 2011 3:29 pm

It appears that I pick next week if that is the case my choice is

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed May 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Cover's mislabled, should be SHIELD volume 2 #1.

In other news AMS is almost spot on with his Secret Avengers review. I liked the art a lot less though.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 25, 2011 3:42 pm

I will be skipping next week in all likelihood.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed May 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I will be skipping next week in all likelihood.

If you don't lead the Hicklash who will?

Postby ****** » Wed May 25, 2011 3:44 pm

I <3 Eli's favorite comic and look forward to the second series.

leave a comment with facebook