Saturday, December 3, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #276: Spencer Double Team!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu May 26, 2011 12:53 pm

I just read secret avengers, What the fuck? I stopped reading after Beast left the battle field? Who the fuck leaves a batter to go talk to someone and then talk to someone else? And then the lincoln memorial comes to life and then the ghost of George Washington and soldiers what the fucking fuck?

2
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu May 26, 2011 2:31 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I just read secret avengers, What the fuck? I stopped reading after Beast left the battle field? Who the fuck leaves a batter to go talk to someone and then talk to someone else? And then the lincoln memorial comes to life and then the ghost of George Washington and soldiers what the fucking fuck?

2


you're being awfully generous. I hope it means you've just had a good day.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu May 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Uh-oh, Nicklash alert! Nicklash alert!
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu May 26, 2011 3:27 pm

I was not a big fan of Secret Avengers #13, but I will say that Beast's characterization is consistent with Fraction's character assassination in Uncanny.

After Fear Itself is done, they need to get Beast, Reed Richards and Hank Pym together to form the Big Smart Idiots Team where they make poor decisions and then suffer the consequences.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu May 26, 2011 3:52 pm

AMS wrote:
you're being awfully generous. I hope it means you've just had a good day.


Well my boss is leaving for vacation for the next 10 days. I still don't give a fuck about this place, I'm going to make some delicious indian food this weekend and have some sex tonight. Oh and got really great news from a good friend...though I may now have to take a dick pic as a reward.

******

Postby ****** » Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 pm

AMS wrote:FTR there were other books I was considering but each of them have recently been picks in the review group so I didn't want to have so many repeats.


Lulz. This will make 3 of the 8 issues of S.H.I.E.L.D. RG picks.

Criminal on the other hand... never been picked.
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu May 26, 2011 7:10 pm

John Snow wrote:
Lulz. This will make 3 of the 8 issues of S.H.I.E.L.D. RG picks.

Criminal on the other hand... never been picked.

Incogito was picked a looooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. I remember reviewing it, back when the Review Group was cooler than cool.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu May 26, 2011 8:03 pm

shouldn't it be spencelash?
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu May 26, 2011 9:12 pm

John Snow wrote:
Lulz. This will make 3 of the 8 issues of S.H.I.E.L.D. RG picks.

Criminal on the other hand... never been picked.


Avengers Academy and Uncanny X-force have been picked this year iirc.

I know SHIELD has been popular in the past but that was before I started posting reviews so they don't count.

I didn't see Criminal on the list at Diamond site, i must have missed it. Anyways I probably wouldn't have picked it, Criminal is one of those books that is criminally hard for me to get at my LCS.

******

Postby ****** » Thu May 26, 2011 11:02 pm

AMS wrote:
Avengers Academy and Uncanny X-force have been picked this year iirc.


Never been picked, but it's BS's fault for not posting the list in-thread for you to know that.

******

Postby ****** » Thu May 26, 2011 11:03 pm

thefourthman wrote:shouldn't it be spencelash?


No. You probably shouldn't try to make up any new words, apparently you'd be terrible at it.
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu May 26, 2011 11:06 pm

John Snow wrote:
Never been picked, but it's BS's fault for not posting the list in-thread for you to know that.


Next week, I'll include a list of all the books not picked previously to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

******

Postby ****** » Thu May 26, 2011 11:09 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Next week, I'll include a list of all the books not picked previously to ensure that this doesn't happen again.


Don't you get snippy with me, bub. Even Sire was able to get the previous thread list posted each week.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu May 26, 2011 11:10 pm

John Snow wrote:
Never been picked, but it's BS's fault for not posting the list in-thread for you to know that.


Are we looking at the beginnings of another coup? :shock:
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu May 26, 2011 11:10 pm

John Snow wrote:
Don't you get snippy with me, bub. Even Sire was able to get the previous thread list posted each week.


:(

But at least the threads get put up on time. Just like Mussolini.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AspieCrow, Yahoo [Bot] and 46 guests