Advertisement

Review Group Week #275: Hawkeye: Blindspot #4

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Review Group Week #275: Hawkeye: Blindspot #4

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu May 26, 2011 7:07 pm

God, whose pick is after AMS? Won't we be well into the Dark Ages by then?
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Thu May 26, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Thu May 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Yup.

I see. Your coolness grows exponentially, while the rest of us are 40-year-old virgins.

Postby ****** » Thu May 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:God, who's pick is after AMS? Won't we be well into the Dark Ages by then?

Mammon, and yes, Emperor Aquaman does ship that week. :lol:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu May 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Eli Katz wrote:I see. Your coolness grows exponentially, while the rest of us are 40-year-old virgins.

You've lost me. You said we were all cooler then IIRC, and I can think of a couple people who weren't [cooler then than now].

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu May 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
You've lost me. You said we were all cooler then IIRC, and I can think of a couple people who weren't [cooler then than now].

You lost me when you said yup. But that's okay. I'm operating on too little sleep this week and I feel like shit.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu May 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Yup was the standard joke when one agrees succinctly to two different or even conflicting ideas minus any elaboration like this.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu May 26, 2011 8:00 pm

if you explain "yup" it loses all it's meaning!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu May 26, 2011 8:02 pm

thefourthman wrote:if you explain "yup" it loses all it's meaning!

College boys, they need a 20 minute Powerpoint presentation for every little damn thing. :roll:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu May 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
College boys, they need a 20 minute Powerpoint presentation for every little damn thing. :roll:

I been meaning to ask about powerpoint.... does anyone actually use it? seems like every "class" (read review session for people who have already taken it while leaving us noobs to figure shit out later) I take at the hospital has a print out of like eight cells on a sheet and some of the idiots seem to put the same thing on the screen, or worse yet, just makes us thumb through the thing with nothing on the screen... oh wait, there was orientation, they used it correctly there.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu May 26, 2011 8:18 pm

thefourthman wrote:I been meaning to ask about powerpoint.... does anyone actually use it? seems like every "class" (read review session for people who have already taken it while leaving us noobs to figure shit out later) I take at the hospital has a print out of like eight cells on a sheet and some of the idiots seem to put the same thing on the screen, or worse yet, just makes us thumb through the thing with nothing on the screen... oh wait, there was orientation, they used it correctly there.

Yup.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu May 26, 2011 8:19 pm

exactamundo!

Royal Nonesuch
Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Thu May 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Wut?
The witness said Mr Brown then called out to Ms Hay's adult daughter: "Look at this, I'm tittie-f***ing your mother!".

Jude Terror 12:19 AM
I put my dick in one of the bagels once.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu May 26, 2011 10:48 pm

thefourthman wrote:I been meaning to ask about powerpoint.... does anyone actually use it? seems like every "class" (read review session for people who have already taken it while leaving us noobs to figure shit out later) I take at the hospital has a print out of like eight cells on a sheet and some of the idiots seem to put the same thing on the screen, or worse yet, just makes us thumb through the thing with nothing on the screen... oh wait, there was orientation, they used it correctly there.

I use PowerPoint when I teach. If I didn't, and if I didn't post the slides in advance of each lecture, students would cry and give me bad reviews.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu May 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Eli Katz wrote:I use PowerPoint when I teach. If I didn't, and if I didn't post the slides in advance of each lecture, students would cry and give me bad reviews.

by using the same thing, i mean instead of going slide by slide they have the damn thumbnails on a giant screen in front of me. This technique varies from instructors scrolling through the thumbs and finding the one they want to make big, to scrolling through them while they discuss them... in other words not the one by one that the program is designed for.

Also, should "higher" education be succumbing to the ADD tendencies of the Xbox generation?

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri May 27, 2011 12:39 am

thefourthman wrote:by using the same thing, i mean instead of going slide by slide they have the damn thumbnails on a giant screen in front of me. This technique varies from instructors scrolling through the thumbs and finding the one they want to make big, to scrolling through them while they discuss them... in other words not the one by one that the program is designed for.

Also, should "higher" education be succumbing to the ADD tendencies of the Xbox generation?

I think it is sad, to be honest. When I did my first degree, PowerPoint didn't exist. And overheads were used infrequently, and only by the most annoying profs.

I remember the pleasure of listening to smart people lecture for 60 or 90 minutes straight, without distraction.

Now, profs click on brightly colored pictures in a desperate and ultimately pointless attempt to hold students' attention. They aren't listening to me or anyone else -- they are emailing friends and posting on useless websites like this one.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand