Advertisement

Review Group Week #278: Flashpoint: Emperor Aquaman #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Re: Review Group Week #278: Flashpoint: Emperor Aquaman #1

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:03 pm

You know, it's funny. Out of all the people I have talked to about comics in the last year or so, Mammon is one of the few who is actually enthusiastic about comics.

He looks forward to Wednesdays more than anyone else I know.

Advertisement

Mammon, Fool Breaker
Peanut

Liked in: 0 post
Title: #1 Aquafan

Postby Mammon, Fool Breaker » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:04 pm

John Snow wrote:
If I were talking about you, I would have posted that last week. :P

As it were, I've been excited for your Namor Jr. for weeks now.

I had planned on War of the Green Lanterns part 10/10. But it got pushed back :(
So, Aquaman got picked.

"Bring me a Comic! Green Latern if possible, Aquaman... Just as good." Longshanks, Braveheart.
'Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!'

Long live Hal Jordan, the greatest Green Lantern of them all.

Mammon, Fool Breaker
Peanut

Liked in: 0 post
Title: #1 Aquafan

Postby Mammon, Fool Breaker » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:06 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
How's that going to happen? Are you expecting to use my computer? Have you forgotten about the epicness that is Wednesday?

Oh gods, I know the epicness well! but this one is special! I have to get my review up sooner rather than later!
'Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!'

Long live Hal Jordan, the greatest Green Lantern of them all.

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:08 pm

BlueStreak wrote:You know, it's funny. Out of all the people I have talked to about comics in the last year or so, Mammon is one of the few who is actually enthusiastic about comics.

He looks forward to Wednesdays more than anyone else I know.

I'm too busy killing the industry by not buying single issues to be excited on Wednesdays.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:16 pm

For serious though, the OH isn't really supportive of positive comic talk. The News Stand's current motto seems to be 'bash or be bashed'. Nobody likes anything here anymore. Not that I'm not part of that too because I so am, but when I do read something that I really like it seems pointless to post about it. (i.e. Gillen's Journey Into Mystery)

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:20 pm

John Snow wrote:For serious though, the OH isn't really supportive of positive comic talk. The News Stand's current motto seems to be 'bash or be bashed'. Nobody likes anything here anymore. Not that I'm not part of that too because I so am, but when I do read something that I really like it seems pointless to post about it. (i.e. Gillen's Journey Into Mystery)

Go to the Comic Book Reader's thread every week to see my positivity in full flow!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Punchy wrote:
Go to the Comic Book Reader's thread every week to see my positivity in full flow!

I have started avoiding said posts due to the relentless positivity and flagrant spoiling of comics I haven't read yet.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Zero wrote:
I have started avoiding said posts due to the relentless positivity and flagrant spoiling of comics I haven't read yet.

So is there too much positivity or not enough? Conflicted reports.

And I try not to be too spoilery.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Punchy wrote:

I read one of your posts there once and got spoiled. Go die.

Also, segregating all the single issues discussion into one thread was stupid. I used to be able to search for threads about issues I read and wanted to talk about, now I would have to sort through that thread if I wanted to see what other people thought of a specific issue. What I'm saying basically is that 4thy should go die too. I hate that thread.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 122 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:32 pm

That's weird, I always post somewheres here about the stuff I like.

Maybe John Snow is too busy avoiding spoilers or something like when Carl got his head shot off.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 122 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:33 pm

John Snow wrote:
I read one of your posts there once and got spoiled. Go die.

Also, segregating all the single issues discussion into one thread was stupid. I used to be able to search for threads about issues I read and wanted to talk about, now I would have to sort through that thread if I wanted to see what other people thought of a specific issue. What I'm saying basically is that 4thy should go die too. I hate that thread.

There are threads about individual comics if someone posts one..

..otherwise there ain't.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
There are threads about individual comics if someone posts one..

..otherwise there ain't.

Punchy used to start a lot of the individual threads. Now he just throws out a bunch of spoilers in that thread and individual threads never get started.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Punchy wrote:
So is there too much positivity or not enough? Conflicted reports.

And I try not to be too spoilery.

New Avengers, Wolverine and USM. This week. All spoiled. USM I kinda care about the other two not so much. And you should be positive about the books you like but honestly you seem to buy and enjoy a lot of what seem like very mediocre comics so I tend to take your enthusiasm with a pinch of salt.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 597 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Words cannot express how powerful this particular piece of literature was. And I do mean literature, this is easily on par with Great expectations or any of Shakespeare's finest work.

First this book stars aquaman. A character which has always had a special place in the hearts of comic book fans. A character so enigmatic, so intriguing, so fliacid even the staunchest of haters can appreciate him. Who hasn't walked around their house and though "Gee I wish I could talk to fish, they could do my chores for me and junk" Of course Aquaman doesn't use his gifts for such trivial things, he used it to ignite our atmospheres with awesomeness and I am left totally ignited.

Secondly I don't know who did that art, but it was like flipping through a photoalbum instead of a comic book, it was that impressive. When A-dawg (my ultra hip nickname for aquaman) talk that nasty shark a lesson I thought I had just watched a deleted scenes from Jaws or something, instead this time this shark was killed by an a veritable calvalcade of awesomeness rather than a cheaply made bomb.

Again let me reiterate this book is a massive success. It will change your life, it will make women weep in pleasure, it will make men cower in shame of their lack of awesomeness and it will unite this group if you let it.

I now support Aquaman for president of the United states after this.

11 billion dorsel fins out of ten.

**There is no conversion chart for dorsel fins to review group review points I'm afraid.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand