Wednesday, October 17, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Tron

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:04 pm

http://movies.ign.com/articles/117/1174103p1.html

New Tron Scribe Set
Eight Below writer will pen the screenplay for a proposed Tron: Legacy sequel.
UK, June 8, 2011
by Chris Tilly
IGN UK

The Tron: Legacy sequel has yet to get the green-light, but that hasn't stopped Disney from selecting a writer to pen the proposed follow-up.

David DiGillio, who previously wrote Eight Below for the studio, has been charged with the task of continuing the sci-fi story.

He replaces Tron: Legacy scribes Adam Horowitz and Adam Kitsis, who are currently busy working on TV show Once Upon a Time for ABC.

Deadline reports that Legacy didn't hit big enough "to make a sequel an automatic" but adds that the fact that the designs and technology are already in place - thereby bringing down production costs - is tempting Disney to OK part three.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Well shit, man...what the fuck else do they need to do with the story? We got what we needed out of the movie. I mean, when a story is designed with multiple installments in mind, that's fine, I guess. But not every movie needs to have a sequel squeezed out of its ass.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:24 pm

dairydead wrote:
how obnoxiously biased. everyone i know loved the movie. I like that since IGN doesn't, no one does apparently.

Really? It was terrible.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Strict31 wrote:
Well shit, man...what the fuck else do they need to do with the story? We got what we needed out of the movie. I mean, when a story is designed with multiple installments in mind, that's fine, I guess. But not every movie needs to have a sequel squeezed out of its ass.

More digital titty

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Really? It was terrible.

:smt011

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:22 pm

GLX wrote: :smt011

I'd rather poke out my eyes than see it again.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Eli Katz wrote:I'd rather poke out my eyes than see it again.

Don't you have a thing against sci-fi/ fantasy, though?

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:41 pm

GLX wrote:
Don't you have a thing against sci-fi/ fantasy, though?

Yeah, but I can get past it if the characters are interesting. I recognize, for example, The Matrix, Blade Runner, Alien, Planet of the Apes, and Soylent Green are cool movies.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Yeah, but I can get past it if the characters are interesting. I recognize, for example, The Matrix, Blade Runner, Alien, Planet of the Apes, and Soylent Green are cool movies.

What about The Princess Bride?

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Really? It was terrible.

Nah, it was pretty good. But yeah, i don't know a single person who didn't like the movie. Its no masterpiece, but far from anything "terrible"

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:50 pm

GLX wrote:
What about The Princess Bride?

Yeah, that's good too.

Gianluca

luchadore

Postby Gianluca » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Saw Tron #1 after so many years since I last saw it. It's good but man, does it drag. I really have no desire to see the sequel. Especially since David Warner isn't in it.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Does anyone else think she should have been in Tron?

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:09 am

Nope.

Evan Meadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Evan Meadow » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:14 am

Strict31 wrote:

The Grid connects to the Internet.

3rd movie writes itself. There would be enough jokes probably about what spam warriors look like in the Tron universe.

leave a comment with facebook