Saturday, July 23, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

"We Hate Comics" (AKA Review Group) #279: Northlanders #41

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Jerks!! :x

Also, because of Zero's rope-a-dope last week, and BlueStreak's allowing it, I'm going to pick either the most difficult to find book, or the worst damn book possible. I don't hate comics, but I hate The Review Group. And also comics.
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:Jerks!! :x

Also, because of Zero's rope-a-dope last week, and BlueStreak's allowing it, I'm going to pick either the most difficult to find book, or the worst damn book possible. I don't hate comics, but I hate The Review Group. And also comics.


Your tears taste like honey. Sweet sweet honey.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Zero, quit licking Royal's face..
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Zero, quit licking Royal's face..


I'll lick who I want, where I want! Possibly while watching Elf.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Zero wrote:
I'll lick who I want, where I want! Possibly while watching Elf.


I'm pretty sure Royal Nonesuch's list of Turn Ons said Alf, not Elf!
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Northlanders # 41

I don't know what to say about this book. I felt like perhaps if I had read this series prior to this issue I would care about what was going on in the pages but I really didn't. It felt like a very typical "girl makes it in a man's world" type of story, very cliched with some foul language thrown in there to spice it up. Overall the story wasn't bad but I just didn't care and I was glad it was over so I could do something more interesting. The art was very good though.

Story 5
Art 9

Overall 6

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:25 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
I'm pretty sure Royal Nonesuch's list of Turn Ons said Alf, not Elf!


You read that correctly.
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:26 pm

And this is why I changed the name of the review group to something more accurate.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:49 pm

I didn't really know my week was coming up so soon until I remembered me and Royal are list neighbors again. Is there a place I can get an idea of what comes out week after next? I can't remember.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:54 pm

AMS wrote:Northlanders # 41

I don't know what to say about this book. I felt like perhaps if I had read this series prior to this issue I would care about what was going on in the pages but I really didn't. It felt like a very typical "girl makes it in a man's world" type of story, very cliched with some foul language thrown in there to spice it up. Overall the story wasn't bad but I just didn't care and I was glad it was over so I could do something more interesting. The art was very good though.

Story 5
Art 9

Overall 6


Every storyline of Northlanders stands alone, the only connection is that they are about Vikings, nothing in this issue has anything to do with what came before.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Punchy wrote:
Every storyline of Northlanders stands alone, the only connection is that they are about Vikings, nothing in this issue has anything to do with what came before.


sheesh I can see why vertigo cancelled it.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Personally I think AMS was very kind in his review. Mine is coming but honestly there are people who like this but don't like Aquaman? :smt017
User avatar

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Didn't read it and won't until the trade comes out.

5

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:14 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:Didn't read it and won't until the trade comes out.

5


NOW you show up?! :smt013

JERKS!! :x
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:52 am

I think we should do Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #160 next week.

DEATH BAGS

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cavemold, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Glaeken, Google [Bot] and 203 guests