Thursday, August 25, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Better than Bleeding Cool by that much."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Some of my "art" (photography)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Apache Chef

Expert Post Whore

Postby Apache Chef » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:46 pm

not bad at all!

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
The purple one is interesting. The effect is different, but interesting in how it will differ so much from the other shots, plus just what her costume's details are. They blend in a way that adds more.

I wonder what it would look like, if both danced together in those costumes. I suspect it'd be
evocative of the old Disney Fantasia film's certain sequences. Yet, not animated in that style. Even a kaleidoscope like effect perhaps?

it's hard to tell if the change is just b/c of costume b/c I have to make constant changes to the shutter speed and flash as I shoot based on how far away they are vs. me and how fast they move and if the light changes at all in the room. Some could be the costuming... I'm sure that orange blends more interesting with the background, but some could be my fault for the way I set stuff up.

The other benefit when they are in a big room like that where the flash might not light up the whole room is you won't end up with a person illuminated and a black background where it looks like they are standing in a cave.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:43 pm

Had a follow up shoot to a maternity shoot from a couple months ago last week and here are some shots from it:

The mother wanted her version of the reflection picture, so this is my first attempt at duplicating it

Also couple others:

And this one wasn't posed, I just snapped it and liked it

A few shots from the actual maternity shoot a couple months ago:

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:01 pm

cool thread :smt023

westonlocher

A Quagmire

Postby westonlocher » Wed May 11, 2011 10:22 pm

I like that you tend to use a straight on angle. While traditional, it focuses solely on the subject and forces your focus on the action or subject at hand. Looking forward to seeing more!

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Thu May 12, 2011 1:29 am

Well that's not always by design. When shooting things live you kinda have to make due and combined with action I'm usually tracking someone moving all over.

I have other stuff than what I've posted here, some at other angles and framing. But I think most are somewhat centered out of necessity. And I'm often shooting these for clients, so they want to see themselves in the pictures they are paying for and that limits choices sometimes.

ultralord

luchadore

Postby ultralord » Tue May 24, 2011 6:36 pm

that child is terrifying

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Tue May 24, 2011 11:41 pm

lol which child?
The newborn?

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Wed May 25, 2011 9:06 am

These are awesome!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Very good work !

DonDaddyD

cheese

Postby DonDaddyD » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:14 am

I love the Tiger Photo so much. Can't take my eye of it's shoulder, sort of captures all the power of the beast with no of the rage/violence etc... leaves it majestic.

And those preganant woman photo's actually make pregnant woman seem attractive - they've never done that in my eye's before.

Some talent there, I have to say.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:58 am

Thanks DDD!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:41 pm

ultralord wrote:that child is terrifying

Terrific or terrifying?

Suicidal95

A Quagmire