Friday, July 1, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "We Wipe Last. Not Before."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:48 pm

Is it true that DC realized what a fuck-up they had and thus negating Titans completely? :-D

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:56 pm

You best not be lying

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:59 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:You best not be lying

It's Zechs. He believes people care about Kingsley as Hobgoblin.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:07 pm

From the JLA panel:

Asked about increasing diversity—particularly, "where are the Asians?"—Wallace said that diversity did not have to only mean heroes, but "diverse people." "When you look at the world around them, it's populated by" people of every color and orientation. He added that there would be an Asian hero debuting in "Mr. Terrific."

Lee added that "there's a character in Justice League—a very small character—rhymes with 'Batom.'"

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:07 pm

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/sh ... p?t=377836

Saw it on CBR. Nobody has called the poster out on all of this. So...

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:11 pm

Dragavon wrote:It's Zechs. He believes people care about Kingsley as Hobgoblin.

People do! You're just foolish not to understand that fact!

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Independent confirmation.

Jim Lee has said it's Ryan. Which is great (except he misidentified Ryan as Korean as opposed to Chinese)

Potter Who

penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Dragavon wrote:Independent confirmation.

Jim Lee has said it's Ryan. Which is great (except he misidentified Ryan as Korean as opposed to Chinese)

I think Ryan was supposed to be part Korean. Like a quarter Korean at most. Forgot where I heard it. It confused me in the beginning too, because Choi is a Korean name.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:21 pm

I think its awesome that he's back.. I mean he was the Atom they used in Brave and The Bold.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:22 pm

I will love it if Ryan's back. IF Ray's still around too. It doesn't have to be either/or, DC, dammit!

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:24 pm

chap22 wrote:I will love it if Ryan's back. IF Ray's still around too. It doesn't have to be either/or, DC, dammit!

According to DC, it does. There is only one Batman, one Atom, one Firestorm, etc.

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:24 pm

e_galston wrote:From the JLA panel:

Asked about increasing diversity—particularly, "where are the Asians?"—Wallace said that diversity did not have to only mean heroes, but "diverse people." "When you look at the world around them, it's populated by" people of every color and orientation. He added that there would be an Asian hero debuting in "Mr. Terrific."

Lee added that "there's a character in Justice League—a very small character—rhymes with 'Batom.'"

Wouldn't it be more respectful to make new Asian heroes instead of putting asians in place of white heroes?

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Potter Who wrote:I think Ryan was supposed to be part Korean. Like a quarter Korean at most. Forgot where I heard it. It confused me in the beginning too, because Choi is a Korean name.

Gail Simone said he was born in Hong Kong but he's a quarte Korean.

SilverPhoenix

Staff Writer

Postby SilverPhoenix » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Wouldn't it be more respectful to make new Asian heroes instead of putting asians in place of white heroes?

*cough*AlPratwasTheAtombeforeRayPalmer*cough*

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Dragavon wrote:According to DC, it does. There is only one Batman, one Atom, one Firestorm, etc.

accept there are two firestorms.. both Ronnie and Jason are separate Firestorms from the looks of things, that combine to one firestorm

leave a comment with facebook