Advertisement

Mighty Thor #4 (spoilers for all you whiners!)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 194 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Mighty Thor #4 (spoilers for all you whiners!)

Postby GOSD » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am

ok, wtf?

Thor, Sif and a few others face off against the Silver Surfer while Odin and Galactus face off in each other's heads. Oh yeah, young Loki is helping in his own way. (Probably the ONLY saving grace of this story)

Thor takes on the SS, Odin and Galactus continue to fight each other in some dream sequence, Thor hits Galactus's head then Thor and SS begin another fight and crash on Mars.

Thor then says that he'll kill him (SS) on Mars.

This has to be the worst fucking story I've ever read. WTF is wrong with Fraction? The story is all over the place, the characters are written completely out of character (what happened to this "terrible" wound that Thor got a few issues ago? Fration never addresses it in this issue. Thor's fighting one of the strongest/toughest people ever and it NEVER comes up?)

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, Copiel's art is breathtaking as usual.

How does Fraction get to work with such artists such as Oliver and Stuart?

Try and defend this, Punchy!! :smt013

Advertisement

Porcelain38
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Staff Writer.

Re: Mighty Thor #4 (spoilers for all you whiners!)

Postby Porcelain38 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:03 pm

This book has some of the the best artwork on stands.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 56 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:16 pm

I really liked this issue, and for reasons that really surprised me. I never thought Thor could be funny. I continue to be tickled by Thor’s put-downs and names for the Silver Surfer, and Volstagg was just hilarious here. Of course there was more than just humour here. The fight between Thor and the Surfer was just epic, and the line about killing him on Mars? Awesome, as was smashing into Galactus’ head. I also really dug the mind-battle between Galactus and Odin, it’s weird to think of these massively powerful characters as they were before, but Fraction used Galan and kid-Odin well. I also assume this issue contained some hints for Fear Itself. That black-haired kid in Odin’s memories is the Serpent. I’m not sure what’s going on with Loki and the Weird Sisters, it felt kind of separate. Fraction has 3 stories going on here, and they don’t seem to be tied together that well. But when the main story is as epic as this… I don’t mind. Oh, and of course, Coipel’s art was mind-blowingly good, just out of this world.

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Engineering The Future

Postby spidertour02 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:20 pm

I haven't been reading the book, but my friend Jason said that this issue was so bad that he's done with Fraction as a writer entirely. :shock:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand