Advertisement

Venom #5 (Amuse-bouche Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Venom #5 (Amuse-bouche Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:14 pm

This was the best issue of this title so far. It starts with a really well-done fight between Venom and the Human Fly, a character Remender re-tooled in his Punisher run, and is now just disturbing, and then it transitions into one of the most personal stories I’ve read about a Marvel hero in years. We see how Flash’s dad’s drinking has effected him, and made him the man he is the day, we see how he tries to forgive, but can’t, we see how he is truly the better man. It’s amazing to think that the one-dimensional bully from Amazing Fantasy #15 has come to this. Who says there’s no character development in mainstream comics? Add in some great art from Tony Moore and Tom Fowler, and you get what is probably the best comic I’ve read from Rick Remender. Bring on Spider-Island!

Advertisement

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 414 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: Venom #5 (Amuse-bouche Spoilers)

Postby troysshr » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:48 pm

I have been loving this series so I can't wait to read this issue!
ImageImageImage

Kerny
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:29 pm

I love this book.

Flash has the most depth as a main character at the big two in some time

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:18 am

Kerny wrote:I love this book.

Flash has the most depth as a main character at the big two in some time

Given the drastic change in direction of his character I think that was a necessity. He's really growing on me as Venom though and I hope this is a long germ thing.

After how long they gave Gargan, flash deserves 10 times that long.

As for the books quality, not Remender at his best like in Uncanny X-Force, but the best Venom series ever by miles.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 119 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:32 am

My shop was shorted on this. :x

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:57 pm

Venom really is one of Marvel's best kept secrets, I think.

I mean, most of the times that Venom has been given his own stand-alone series or miniseries, it's been, at best, pretty bad. But this has been a real highlight of each month for me. In my opinion, blow-for-blow, this has been a better overall series than Uncanny X-Men (blasphemy, I know).

And this issue was just the best one so far. Which was especially great because there was very little Venom actually in it. Remender really is one of the best out there and I think people are slowly starting to become aware of that fact.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 430 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:26 pm

I've been very impressed by this series.. I'm not the biggest "spideyverse" fan. and i don't really like the concept of Venom, but i'm really liking this series.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand