Advertisement

Green Lantern Corps #62 (Emo Kyle Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Green Lantern Corps #62 (Emo Kyle Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:43 am

That was a pretty cheesy way to break up Soranik and Kyle wasn’t it? It was cool to get an issue focussing on Kyle, but it was a bit too melodramatic for my tastes. The use of Miri as a villain was an odd choice, but Johns had kind of set up that the Star Sapphires had a dark side, but then dropped it, so I guess Bedard had to pick it up. I wonder why Bedard isn’t doing the final issue of the series? Is it so he doesn’t fall behind on New Guardians?

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 615 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Green Lantern Corps #62 (Emo Kyle Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:58 am

Punchy wrote:That was a pretty cheesy way to break up Soranik and Kyle wasn’t it?

It seems to me that no DC characters can be married or in a healthy relationship come September. Since Green Lantern isn't getting rebooted, you can't just retcon Kyle and Soranik out of a relationship. Meh, maybe we will get more accessible stories now, since it wasn't interesting enough having the corps "Torchbearer" dating the daughter of Sinestro. :smt102
ImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:44 am

I can't imagine Kyle being happy in the new DC U since his other two former flames are currently non existant in the revamp. The whole reason that Soranik and he broke up was he loved Jade, but she is currently MIA.

Dalarsco
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Dalarsco » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:46 am

Ya, with the JSA apparently nonexistent how can Jade ever have been born?
Something that everyone should know: There is no objective good and very little objective bad in entertainment media. Of the objective bad, much of it is unintentionally hilarious which gives it entertainment value for some people. If you understood this then 99% of your petty arguments would never happen. Learn to realize that you have different tastes then the guy you are arguing with and move on. And before someone calls me a hypocrite, notice that I never go in calling something bad. I always go in to defend something.
mike oxbig (on someone other than me) wrote: Also, you have a terrible personality. Nothing personal man, it happens.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:28 pm

DC can't seriously say they've been planning this for a while, if not more than a year ago they brought back Jade in Blackest Night/Brightest Day only for her to be wiped out of existance?? what was the point of bringing her back, if when they brought her back they knew she was gonna be gone?? she's the only hero who was brought back at the end of Blackest Night (besides Hawkgirl who is dead again) who is missing from the Revamp..

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 225 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Just because there may or may not be a JSA in the NuDCU doesn't mean that Alan Scott still couldn't have gained the Starheart power and had a daughter.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Johnny Smith
cheese

Liked in: 114 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:29 pm

I'm sad to see this romance end ... :cry:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand