Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

CAPTAIN AMERICA GROUND ZERO continues.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Good ole Capcoop. Remember when he used to post here? Those were good times. Gooooooooooood times. sigh :(

He was one of the good ones.

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:14 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
He was one of the good ones.

He shall be missed

Except by Mahoney who's headed off to stalk him.

Alchemic_Spider

Postby Alchemic_Spider » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Benderbrau wrote:He shall be missed

Except by Mahoney who's headed off to stalk him.

I have to hold off. Working late tonight. I'll get back to him tomorrow...

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:38 pm

(in case you are still lurking here's some constructive criticism)
Holy needs-an-editor Batman

who are the people in the first page?

"not coming" is two words and a file belonging to Private Rogers would be "Rogers' file"

what does that second paragraph have to do with anything?

it would be helpful if it was sooner than her third panel before we are told that the woman is Sharon Carter

for someone who only knows what she read in a file, she sure does get close to Steve real quick. Is Sharon a slut?

would you like to borrow a comma, semi colon, a punctuation book?

as a friend, I am offering you one of my commas. Its ok, I have extras.

good job with the racist imagery

"U.S> Army" ? Is the U.S greater than the Army?
what does the page before this have to do with anything? Who would start a conversation like that?

Of the two people talking you made the Irish looking redhead the Jew? There's avoiding stereotypes and then there is absurdity

its "high-tail" or "hightail"

lame

that's a big tank

shield depth continuity issues

Overall - your choice of font color makes it hard to read sometimes, especially since I had to open each page as a new tab just to see the text.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Yeah, just looking at what RU posted (Hey, RU!), I'd say he was in desperate need of spell check, caption boxes, and word balloons. They'll help clarify the story a little bit. Also: RU's other comments.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:20 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:Yeah, just looking at what RU posted (Hey, RU!), I'd say he was in desperate need of spell check, caption boxes, and word balloons. They'll help clarify the story a little bit. Also: RU's other comments.

Yeah, I agree with Super (Hey, Super!), I gave some similar advice in the original thread a few months ago. Some more professional lettering and production would add a lot to this project. Also: less vile tirades at random commenters. :lol:

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:36 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Yeah, I agree with Super (Hey, Super!), I gave some similar advice in the original thread a few months ago. Some more professional lettering and production would add a lot to this project. Also: less vile tirades at random commenters. :lol:

I don't know, Jude (Hey, Jude!), I've heard the saying that there's no such thing as bad press. Those people might not have read threads like THIS, though.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:03 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:I've heard the saying that there's no such thing as bad press.

Ah, but with behavior like that, he burned his bridge, which means he will never GET press from The Outhouse. I mean, we don't review fan fiction, but should he ever do anything original, we won't promote it.... :smt102

:outhouse:

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:05 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:Yeah, just looking at what RU posted (Hey, RU!), I'd say he was in desperate need of spell check, caption boxes, and word balloons. They'll help clarify the story a little bit. Also: RU's other comments.

and Super is too nice to say this (Hey, Super) but if I am pointing out spelling mistakes then there are some major problems.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:18 pm

GHERU wrote:and Super is too nice to say this (Hey, Super) but if I am pointing out spelling mistakes then there are some major problems.

Completely unrelated to RU (Hey RU!), I would in fact buy an autobiographical comic from Capcoop.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:21 pm

GHERU wrote:and Super is too nice to say this (Hey, Super) but if I am pointing out spelling mistakes then there are some major problems.

It took GHERU (Hey, GHERU) to make me understand the panels that were posted. COOPCAP (Bye, COOPCAP) should take some classes in storytelling or storyboarding or something to improve his skill because currently the strip makes no sense.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Apparently, he also called me out in the comments at his fan fiction blog.

Can anyone help me undrstand why he called me out? I am fairly certain I never looked at his work before to comment...

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Apparently, he also called me out in the comments at his fan fiction blog.

Can anyone help me undrstand why he called me out? I am fairly certain I never looked at his work before to comment...

I have to echo what Simian said (Hey Simian!), I don't get where that came from. Also: Learn to follow the post format. :P

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:52 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I have to echo what Simian said (Hey Simian!), I don't get where that came from. Also: Learn to follow the post format. :P

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:08 pm

How do I keep missing the great ones in their prime?

leave a comment with facebook