Saturday, December 10, 2016 • Evening Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #287 - Detective Comics #881

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Postby ****** » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Punchy wrote:
He's still a superhero.

He's a human in a silly outfit.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 pm

John Snow wrote:
He's a human in a silly outfit.

But aren't we all?

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:20 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
But aren't we all?

I suspect Snow is a silly human with no outift. My guess is he does all his posting naked.

Postby ****** » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Shirt? Of course.

Pants? Of course not.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:55 pm

But what about socks?

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Eli Katz wrote:But what about socks?

Too crusty to "wear".

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:31 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
Too crusty to "wear".

To quote the great El Topo: Boosh!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Read this and will review it later, but I have to say...Batman felt like a third wheel in this story with everything else that was going on. Not to say that it isn't a great book...it IS. But the Batman parts of the story feel tacked on in a way.

Extremely good comic, just not a good Batman story in my eyes. I know that opinion won't be popular with you guys, but that's just how the issue came off.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:39 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Read this and will review it later, but I have to say...Batman felt like a third wheel in this story with everything else that was going on. Not to say that it isn't a great book...it IS. But the Batman parts of the story feel tacked on in a way.

Extremely good comic, just not a good Batman story in my eyes. I know that opinion won't be popular with you guys, but that's just how the issue came off.

I see your point. Batman is secondary here. But I don't see that as a detriment. I think it's okay, with thousands of Batman stories already told, if one issue places him in the background.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:55 pm

I see the point as well. But at the same time Detective Comics to me is more about the whole book of characters where Batman has always focused on Batman.

And I don't think this was supposed to be a Batman story. This was defiantly a story about the Gordons

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Fuck you all for not doing reviews yet.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:30 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
trying to amber atoms your self huh? Should have just juded the group.

:lol:

I miss the review group.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:49 pm

So after reflection and rereading this book is still perfect. The art changes are a little jarring but seeing as how both have had major parts of this story it makes total sense. It's too bad this run and dick as batman is coming to an end, it's hard not to talk about the shitstorm the DC universe is about to become while discussing this book since Dick as Batman is a casualty and this run cut short because of it. Like I've said repeatedly I wonder when Snydely whiplash will occur it could happen with him writing Bruce but who knows. I'll be sure to be there to find out.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:50 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
:lol:

I miss the review group.

We don't miss Chris Claremont.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:56 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
We don't miss Chris Claremont.