Advertisement

Superboy #11 (Simon Valentine we hardly knew ye Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Superboy #11 (Simon Valentine we hardly knew ye Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:27 pm

I think the ending of this book is what upsets me the most about the DC reboot, it’s obvious there’s so much more Lemire wants to do with Superboy, Simon Valentine and all the other weird Smallville residents. We didn’t even get a wrap-up of the Psionic Lad plot! At least Lemire managed to finish the Hollow Men story, and he did it well here, every one of the characters he’s used in the run got a chance to shine, and it wrapped up in a nice mirror image of #1. All of that plus top-notch art from Pier Gallo. Scott Lobdell has a lot to live up to, I can’t imagine his new book being as good as this one was. Is it too much to ask for Animal Man to meet some Parasite Frogs?

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand