Advertisement

Ultimate Fallout #6 (Gwen gets a haircut Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Ultimate Fallout #6 (Gwen gets a haircut Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:31 am

A strong wrap-up to a mini-series that was variable by its very nature. The Bendis and Bagley stuff was the best, they are such a fantastic partnership, and it lended a sense of finality to the story of Peter Parker. With Aunt May and Gwen in France, they will be out of the way and we won’t have Miles Morales out-shadowed by Peter’s supporting cast. The Nick Fury story was OK, but I think we should have been shown Captain America quitting, especially when he’s on the cover. I did like Fury’s scene with MJ, I had forgotten that Ultimate Fury was a person and not an evil plotting machine, he had lost his humanity, and Bendis and now Hickman need him to get it back. The Spencer X-Men story was OK too, but kind of a formality, I had already guessed they’d go to the Morlock tunnels. This has closed the book on the old Ultimate Universe, and next week the new one begins with Ultimates #1, let’s hope it’s good.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 217 posts

Re: Ultimate Fallout #6 (Gwen gets a haircut Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:24 pm

I loved that they tossed in that call back to Ultimate Origins, with Petes parents. I was kinda hoping that Fury would have told MJ to publish what she wrote though. I did like the issue and really the miniseries.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Ultimate Fallout #6 (Gwen gets a haircut Spoilers)

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:17 pm

This was alright. Not great, not super, but not bad. It did what it was supposed to do and set the tone for the future of Ultimate Comics.

I am very much in agreement, however, that we should have been shown Captain America's resignation.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand