Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Legion Of Super-Heroes #16 (Random Sodam Yat Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:29 pm

This issue was the very definition of rushed, you could tell Levitz needed way more space to finish off this story, and as such, this issue was a damp squib. I did like Earth Man becoming a hero and then dying, but the rest of this was very meh. And what was that page of Sodam Yat? Didn’t he die way back in Legion Of Three Worlds?

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Sodam Yat didn't die in Lo3W.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:31 pm

This is how the new Legion series ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Yay! Earth-Man is dead! :-D

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Yay! Earth-Man is dead! :-D

And it was so horribly done that I couldn't get any kind of joy out of it. :evil:

Now DC gets to find a new way to f :evil: :evil: k the Legion up - by not rebooting the book while the rest of the DCU gets rebooted into the DCnU. Oh wait, they already did that one! :roll:

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:50 am

The Nacireman wrote:This is how the new Legion series ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Except it doesn't end: it's just being re-numbered. This title isn't affected by the re-boot, from continuity all the way down to the fact that you're going to continue to bitch about it ad nauseam.

Cayo Hern

Faster Pussycat

Postby Cayo Hern » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:45 am

Well, that's not exactly true....there will be a time shift, a bunch of members will be wisked to our century.....AND a few other members will be new or gone. I can hardly wait to see what Paul does with it all now that he's finished off all the old plot threads that were foisted on him!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:22 pm

nietoperz wrote:
Except it doesn't end: it's just being re-numbered. This title isn't affected by the re-boot, from continuity all the way down to the fact that you're going to continue to bitch about it ad nauseam.

Well, since the Secret Origin mini is coming out, I'm giving at least some outside chance the post-Flashpoint Legion will try to synch up with the new Superman continuity. Otherwise, things are royally going to f :evil: :evil: k the whole idea of the new-Classic team up. Is that enough to satisfy you?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 pm

One of these days you're going to stop pretending to actually be a Legion fan and go off and complain about some other random thing.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 pm

nietoperz wrote:One of these days you're going to stop pretending to actually be a Legion fan and go off and complain about some other random thing.

Most Legion fans seem to hate most Legion comics.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Punchy wrote:
Most Legion fans seem to hate most Legion comics.

The haters do seem to shout loudest. Empty vessels, etc.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:05 pm

nietoperz wrote:One of these days you're going to stop pretending to actually be a Legion fan and go off and complain about some other random thing.

Well excuse me for wanting something other than tepid artwork, less than inspiring scripting, one-dimensional characterization, and a generic sci-fi setting.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:24 pm

I didn't think that this issue seemed rushed. They just had several loose ends to tie up.It was better than some other "final" issues I've read over the years.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:21 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I didn't think that this issue seemed rushed. They just had several loose ends to tie up.It was better than some other "final" issues I've read over the years.

As a true Legion fan (unlike some) I can say this issue did indeed feel rushed.
And the art - ugh. This Legion series suffered so much from lackluster art (with Portella being the only saving grace and thankfully that's who has the gig going forward).

I like where Levitz has gone and am hopefully the book will do so much better this go around with a solid artist and less Earthman/GL.

Long Live The Legion.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:03 am

Amoebas wrote:As a true Legion fan (unlike some) I can say this issue did indeed feel rushed.
And the art - ugh. This Legion series suffered so much from lackluster art (with Portella being the only saving grace and thankfully that's who has the gig going forward).

I like where Levitz has gone and am hopefully the book will do so much better this go around with a solid artist and less Earthman/GL.

Long Live The Legion.

Yeah, fake Legion fans suck.

leave a comment with facebook