Advertisement

Avengers #16 (Glorified Accountant Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 88 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers #16 (Glorified Accountant Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:25 am

Another great tie-in issue from Bendis. I still dig the ‘talking heads’ stuff, and Bendis and Romita outdid themselves in the mostly silent part of the issue. I liked the use of Sharon, Hill and Hand, and although it was a joke, a Captain America and his Avenging Angels mini-series would be awesome. I think this was the first comic where Bucky’s death really resonated for me as well, Cap’s rage got that across. I’m guessing that Daisy Johnson is going to be an Avenger in the future, and was glad to see her show up, and that Secret Warriors hasn’t been forgotten.

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Avengers #16 (Glorified Accountant Spoilers)

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:55 pm

You got any idea who the Nazi's were? Other than Master Man and Hauptmann I was drawing a blank on the rest.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 297 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:01 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:You got any idea who the Nazi's were? Other than Master Man and Hauptmann I was drawing a blank on the rest.

No Clue :smt102
I did like that none of the heroes knew who they were either. That kinda tells me either they were created for the issue or are so old no one (other then stan lee and GOSD) is gonna know who they were.

Personally I loved Daisy showing up. I was kinda hoping that the other Secret Warriors were gonna show up or be mentioned though.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 88 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:41 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exiles_(Red_Skull_allies)

The other villains were these guys, this is like their 10th appearance or something, so Bendis is mining some pretty obscure continuity.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:42 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:You got any idea who the Nazi's were? Other than Master Man and Hauptmann I was drawing a blank on the rest.

That was the thing that bugged me about this issue. I liked it overall, but I thought it was more than a little lazy on Bendis' part to not bother letting the reader know who it was the heroes were fighting. Yeah, I'm sure I could look it up on line somewhere and find out quick enough who the individual members of the Exiles are, but the bottom line for me is that I shouldn't have to do that.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:40 pm

Usually don't mind the talking heads that Bendis just loves to do.. but it's gotten tedious with the past few issues. Especially since it feels so repetitive, and redundant with needing to explain whats going on.. then showing what's going on.. then explaining what they just showed.. etc.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: Deviant by design

Postby Lord Ice » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Leviticus Payne wrote:Usually don't mind the talking heads that Bendis just loves to do.. but it's gotten tedious with the past few issues. Especially since it feels so repetitive, and redundant with needing to explain whats going on.. then showing what's going on.. then explaining what they just showed.. etc.

Since he wasn't allowed to write the main mini, he's trying to make his books seem like they matter.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Lord Ice wrote:
Since he wasn't allowed to write the main mini, he's trying to make his books seem like they matter.

The past 2 or 3 issues have just come off feeling very redundant as a result.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand