Advertisement

Legion Of Super-Heroes #16 (Random Sodam Yat Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Legion Of Super-Heroes #16 (Random Sodam Yat Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:29 pm

This issue was the very definition of rushed, you could tell Levitz needed way more space to finish off this story, and as such, this issue was a damp squib. I did like Earth Man becoming a hero and then dying, but the rest of this was very meh. And what was that page of Sodam Yat? Didn’t he die way back in Legion Of Three Worlds?

Advertisement

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 79 posts

Re: Legion Of Super-Heroes #16 (Random Sodam Yat Spoilers)

Postby MrBlack » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Sodam Yat didn't die in Lo3W.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:31 pm

This is how the new Legion series ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 707 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Yay! Earth-Man is dead! :-D
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Yay! Earth-Man is dead! :-D

And it was so horribly done that I couldn't get any kind of joy out of it. :evil:

Now DC gets to find a new way to f :evil: :evil: k the Legion up - by not rebooting the book while the rest of the DCU gets rebooted into the DCnU. Oh wait, they already did that one! :roll:

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 184 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:50 am

The Nacireman wrote:This is how the new Legion series ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Except it doesn't end: it's just being re-numbered. This title isn't affected by the re-boot, from continuity all the way down to the fact that you're going to continue to bitch about it ad nauseam.

Cayo Hern
Faster Pussycat

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Cayo Hern » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:45 am

Well, that's not exactly true....there will be a time shift, a bunch of members will be wisked to our century.....AND a few other members will be new or gone. I can hardly wait to see what Paul does with it all now that he's finished off all the old plot threads that were foisted on him!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:22 pm

nietoperz wrote:
Except it doesn't end: it's just being re-numbered. This title isn't affected by the re-boot, from continuity all the way down to the fact that you're going to continue to bitch about it ad nauseam.

Well, since the Secret Origin mini is coming out, I'm giving at least some outside chance the post-Flashpoint Legion will try to synch up with the new Superman continuity. Otherwise, things are royally going to f :evil: :evil: k the whole idea of the new-Classic team up. Is that enough to satisfy you?

- Sons of the Desert

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 pm

One of these days you're going to stop pretending to actually be a Legion fan and go off and complain about some other random thing.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 pm

nietoperz wrote:One of these days you're going to stop pretending to actually be a Legion fan and go off and complain about some other random thing.

Most Legion fans seem to hate most Legion comics.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Punchy wrote:
Most Legion fans seem to hate most Legion comics.

The haters do seem to shout loudest. Empty vessels, etc.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:05 pm

nietoperz wrote:One of these days you're going to stop pretending to actually be a Legion fan and go off and complain about some other random thing.

Well excuse me for wanting something other than tepid artwork, less than inspiring scripting, one-dimensional characterization, and a generic sci-fi setting.

- Sons of the Desert

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 311 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:24 pm

I didn't think that this issue seemed rushed. They just had several loose ends to tie up.It was better than some other "final" issues I've read over the years.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 338 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:21 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I didn't think that this issue seemed rushed. They just had several loose ends to tie up.It was better than some other "final" issues I've read over the years.

As a true Legion fan (unlike some) I can say this issue did indeed feel rushed.
And the art - ugh. This Legion series suffered so much from lackluster art (with Portella being the only saving grace and thankfully that's who has the gig going forward).

I like where Levitz has gone and am hopefully the book will do so much better this go around with a solid artist and less Earthman/GL.

Long Live The Legion.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:03 am

Amoebas wrote:As a true Legion fan (unlike some) I can say this issue did indeed feel rushed.
And the art - ugh. This Legion series suffered so much from lackluster art (with Portella being the only saving grace and thankfully that's who has the gig going forward).

I like where Levitz has gone and am hopefully the book will do so much better this go around with a solid artist and less Earthman/GL.

Long Live The Legion.

Yeah, fake Legion fans suck.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand