Saturday, May 28, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Review Group Week #289: Ultimates #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

******

Postby ****** » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:53 am

Punchy wrote:
But why? When we reviewed All-Nighter did it get better reviews because it was free?


There's a difference between an artist trying to get their work out and seen any way that they can and one of the world's largest entertainment corporations squeezing an extra dollar out of you for a preview of another book and around a 1 in 7,500 chance of getting a book signed by Stan Lee.

It may not effect the actual content of the book, but it can certainly effect the perception of the reader.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:55 am

Punchy wrote:
It's called the 'Ricklash' granddad!


He's too shitty for me to make the effort to remember his first name.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:58 am

Woo Hoo! Love X-Force! Like Rick! Hopefully this will help me get the bad taste out of my mouth from this week. :lol:
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:01 am

John Snow wrote:
He's too shitty for me to make the effort to remember his first name.


Remender is awesome, and X-Force is his best work so far. Of course you probably still think Fear Agent was his best, and have been Ricklashing since he 'sold out' but working at Marvel has made him 10 times the writer he was.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:09 am

Punchy wrote:
Remender is awesome, and X-Force is his best work so far. Of course you probably still think Fear Agent was his best, and have been Ricklashing since he 'sold out' but working at Marvel has made him 10 times the writer he was.


His indie work was the worst. All concept, no execution horseshit.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:10 am

John Snow wrote:
His indie work was the worst. All concept, no execution horseshit.


That sounds like Hickman to me? :smt017
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:11 am

John Snow wrote:
His indie work was the worst. All concept, no execution horseshit.


At Marvel he's actually been able to execute stuff, I mean, he made Punisher-as-Frankenstein work.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:14 am

Punchy wrote:
At Marvel he's actually been able to execute stuff, I mean, he made Punisher-as-Frankenstein work.


The only time since Ennis that I actually enjoyed Punisher.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:15 am

John Snow wrote:
The title pages don't bother me. It's clearly a vanity thing with Hickman and his design background.


#1, not gonna pay for some dude's "vanity", #2, every other person in the world has a "design background" at this point--even me--and that doesn't mean that was good design or use of page-space at all. Actually, as far as graphic design goes, you almost could not do a lazier job on those 2 pages than BIG BLACK LETTERS of the title.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:19 am

Starlord wrote:
The only time since Ennis that I actually enjoyed Punisher.


You're not reading Jason Aaron's run?

Read my article on it!

******

Postby ****** » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:23 am

Punchy wrote:
At Marvel he's actually been able to execute stuff, I mean, he made Punisher-as-Frankenstein work.


The artists made that work. The two issues we read for the group were suck.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:24 am

Asmodeus Jones wrote:
#1, not gonna pay for some dude's "vanity", #2, every other person in the world has a "design background" at this point--even me--and that doesn't mean that was good design or use of page-space at all. Actually, as far as graphic design goes, you almost could not do a lazier job on those 2 pages than BIG BLACK LETTERS of the title.


I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS GOOD!

I just said it didn't bother me. :smt102
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:31 am

John Snow wrote:
I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS GOOD!

I just said it didn't bother me. :smt102


You know what, if it'd been a $2.99 and he chose to waste 2 pages (and a third at the end, BTW), fine. But don't ask me to pay an additional dollar for 2 extra pages that are just wasted telling you what the title of the comic is after you've just turned the page from the cover itself--there is NO utility that adds to the comic, none at all.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:38 am

Asmodeus Jones wrote:
You know what, if it'd been a $2.99 and he chose to waste 2 pages (and a third at the end, BTW), fine. But don't ask me to pay an additional dollar for 2 extra pages that are just wasted telling you what the title of the comic is after you've just turned the page from the cover itself--there is NO utility that adds to the comic, none at all.


All true, but it still doesn't bother me. He should do it every issue.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:12 pm

John Snow wrote:
All true, but it still doesn't bother me. He should do it every issue.


Prepare to be Netzered! :x

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], HNutz, Spacedog and 73 guests