Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #668 (Peter reveals his powers! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Amazing Spider-Man #668 (Peter reveals his powers! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:40 am

Spider-Island continues to be a really enjoyable and surprising event. I loved seeing Peter Parker be heroic without being Spider-Man, and the way he rallied the New Yorkers was pretty awe-inspiring stuff. It reminded me of the Twitter stuff that went on with the London Riots clean-up, but was also the purest expression of Spider-Man’s New Yorkiness I’ve read in a while. He’s the quintessential New York Hero, and Slott is having a lot of fun exploring that. The mystery of Number Six continues to baffle me, I literally have no idea who it is. Is it Ben Reilly? At first I thought it was Doctor Octopus, but now I’m not so sure. One weird thing about this event though is that the last issue of Venom revealed that Spider-King was Steve Rogers, but this issue makes no mention of it at all, weird timing. But I’m sure it’ll all work out in the end, Slott has a lot of webs here, and so far it’s looking like he’ll make it all work.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 606 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #668 (Peter reveals his powers! Spoil

Postby Grayson » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:01 am

I picked up the first part of this and enjoyed it enough to pick up this issue as well. These are my first issues of ASM since before Brand New Day, so I am not 100% up to speed on the current going-ons in all things Spidey. That being said, I was a little discouraged that Quesada made it his personal mission in life to end Peter and Mary Jane's marriage, only to continue to have her linger around in the background as a "will they/won't they" plot device. That shit is old and boring.

Other than that, the past two issues have been a fun read for me. I am interested in seeing where this story goes, although I will be even more discouraged if the main villain turns out to be the Queen. I know it probably will be but here's hoping.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand