Advertisement

Justice League International #1 (Adult Diapers Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Justice League International #1 (Adult Diapers Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:33 pm

This was the first issue of the Justice League that last week’s Johns/Lee effort should have been. It may not have the star quality and big names, but JLI is already looking like one of my favourites. I’m a huge fan of Booster Gold, and I’m glad to see he’s still the same loveable schmuck in the new DCU. Plus the rest of the team actually show up! Sure, Vixen and Godiva and August General don’t get much to do, but they form an interesting team. Jurgens has taken the best of the classic JLI, thrown in some stuff from Generation Lost, and also looked to the future. I particularly liked Jurgens’ take on Batman here, he has a sort of wry, subtle humour. The artwork from Aaron Lopresti is very strong, although I’m not too sure about Booster Gold’s new costume. I know some fans are up in arms about Blue Beetle and Max Lord supposedly being erased from history, but this is still the JLI, there’s still bickering and joking between team mates, and there’s still a shady government operative in the form of Andre Briggs. Good stuff.

Advertisement

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Re: Justice League International #1 (Adult Diapers Spoilers)

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:30 pm

I'm really glad to hear this wasn't a dud. I actually really like Jurgens. I've often felt he's an underrated writer. Not a great writer, but consistently solid and entertaining.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 305 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:33 pm

See people this is how you assemble a team in one issue and have it fight together. I'm not sure who Godiva is or what her powers are but I'm hoping she dies mostly because she's annoying.

August vs Red is hilarious. Bats actually tossing out jokes is great. This is the book I want, even if this whole relaunch thing kinda blows.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:56 pm

I didn't care for this at all. Came across a bit cheesy and too much like the part of DC I never have cared for.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 521 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:03 pm

avengingtitan wrote:See people this is how you assemble a team in one issue and have it fight together. I'm not sure who Godiva is or what her powers are but I'm hoping she dies mostly because she's annoying.

August vs Red is hilarious. Bats actually tossing out jokes is great. This is the book I want, even if this whole relaunch thing kinda blows.

i loved this issue.. it was my assigned title for the 52palooza thing, and i'm glad it was. Such a great book. Godiva is pretty much DC's answer to Medusa from the Inhumans. She definitely seems like she doesn't belong on the team.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:04 pm

e_galston wrote:
i loved this issue.. it was my assigned title for the 52palooza thing, and i'm glad it was. Such a great book. Godiva is pretty much DC's answer to Medusa from the Inhumans. She definitely seems like she doesn't belong on the team.

Dont insult Medusa like that. Medusa is at least interesting.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:06 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Dont insult Medusa like that. Medusa is at least interesting.

That she is... they have the same power set though. Only time i've seen Godiva used was in the Lois Lane and the Resistance mini for Flashpoint. Though i know she was a Global Guardian as well

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:15 pm

e_galston wrote:
That she is... they have the same power set though. Only time i've seen Godiva used was in the Lois Lane and the Resistance mini for Flashpoint. Though i know she was a Global Guardian as well

I'd never even heard of her or most of those characters until that mini.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:18 pm

neither had i, Godiva i only remembered cause i think i used her once in a draft..

Sromkie
underclassman

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Sromkie » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:36 am

There was one thing in this issue that made me go "huh?"—when it's mentioned that Hal is on the Justice League. As this is issue is set in present day, shouldn't Hal have already lost his ring? I guess he could still be a member, even without his powers, but it just felt like an odd line to include.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 417 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:21 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I'd never even heard of her or most of those characters until that mini.

She was also in a couple panels of the Flashpoint #5 battle scenes wrapping someone up in her hair.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:29 pm

I like Lopresti, but the character designs suck.
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 158 posts

Postby misac » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:57 pm

Sounds good, I'll be getting the trade for sure.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:56 am

i'd give it 3 1/4 out of 5 stars.

probably the best of a thoroughly mediocre to bad bunch of books i got this week, but still quite disappointing; the threat is humdrum, the totally unmemorable black dude (let's call him Max Lord-lite, or Max Lord-dark if you prefer) is unintriguing to say the least, the central idea of a JLI is no longer novel, the book is totally just playing to nostalgia buffs like me yet doesn't even have the ability to hit the nostalgia notes b/c apparently these people have never been teammates before in the DCnU, there's no Beetle yet...it's an interesting collection of characters in theory who i fear Jurgens won't make interesting b/c characterization has never been his strong suit anyway...and the character bits are entirely what made JLI so lovable and so loved b ack in its heyday (and today whenever it get revisited); Jurgens is a plot-centric guy who writes sparse dialogue and moves his story quickly...that's not what will make this book special or sellable; art's nice though, and as long as this roster is intact, there's the potential for fun, but for now it's potential unrealized, and it makes me that much sadder and more confused as to why the fuck DC didn't give this book to Winick or Giffen... :smt102 :smt102 :smt011
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand