Thursday, May 26, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "That smell was here before we went in."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Moon Knight #5 (Just say the name Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:45 pm

I’m used to the rhythm of this book now, and I’m loving it. You can tell Bendis is having the time of his life writing Moon Knight’s psychotic hallucinatory versions of Cap, Spider-Man and Wolverine, and Maleev is equalling him in the different ways he chooses to display the personalities. Whilst this issue was light on stuff actually happening, that’s just Bendis, there was still a lot of cool business, like Moon Knight kissing Echo and then her kicking the crap out of him. The scene with Tick Tock and the Policeman who hates superheroes was also fantastic, and it looks like there’s a deeper conspiracy at work here. Oh, and I continue to love how ridiculous Buck Lime’s name is. Buck. Lime.
User avatar

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Hopefully the art doesn't suck as bad as the writing this month.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Both the art and the writing in this title are great, Bendis and Maleev are a fantastic team.
User avatar

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Punchy wrote:Both the art and the writing in this title are great, Bendis and Maleev are a fantastic team.

They are a great team. I particularly loved that short-lived Spider-Woman series they did. But for some reason I just haven't been able to really "get into" this series yet. But I have enough faith in this team that I plan on sticking with it for a while.
User avatar

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:24 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:They are a great team. I particularly loved that short-lived Spider-Woman series they did. But for some reason I just haven't been able to really "get into" this series yet. But I have enough faith in this team that I plan on sticking with it for a while.


I liked their Spider-Woman series too. I was sad to see it go. I'm really digging what Bendis and Maleev are doing with Moon Knight.
User avatar

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:38 am

Punchy wrote:Both the art and the writing in this title are great, Bendis and Maleev are a fantastic team.


Maleev has done some really good stuff. This book, so far, has not been one of them.

Bendis is good for what he does. Sadly, his MK is almost like a parody of his other work.

If I have to pay the premium cost of buying a Bendis book, I would like it to be of better quality than this, which just seems like something they are both just hacking out.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Punchy wrote:I’m used to the rhythm of this book now, and I’m loving it. You can tell Bendis is having the time of his life writing Moon Knight’s psychotic hallucinatory versions of Cap, Spider-Man and Wolverine, and Maleev is equalling him in the different ways he chooses to display the personalities. Whilst this issue was light on stuff actually happening, that’s just Bendis, there was still a lot of cool business, like Moon Knight kissing Echo and then her kicking the crap out of him. The scene with Tick Tock and the Policeman who hates superheroes was also fantastic, and it looks like there’s a deeper conspiracy at work here. Oh, and I continue to love how ridiculous Buck Lime’s name is. Buck. Lime.


I agree with you about the policeman. His parts were some of my favourites this issue.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Punchy wrote:Both the art and the writing in this title are great, Bendis and Maleev are a fantastic team.


Both are good on a series they fit with. I think Bendis is doing a good job and Maleev is passable here. It's too much of an action oriented series though. I've always found Maleev's action scenes to be too static for my tastes.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Belle-Tain Summer, crawley, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 127 guests