Advertisement

Moon Knight #5 (Just say the name Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Moon Knight #5 (Just say the name Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:45 pm

I’m used to the rhythm of this book now, and I’m loving it. You can tell Bendis is having the time of his life writing Moon Knight’s psychotic hallucinatory versions of Cap, Spider-Man and Wolverine, and Maleev is equalling him in the different ways he chooses to display the personalities. Whilst this issue was light on stuff actually happening, that’s just Bendis, there was still a lot of cool business, like Moon Knight kissing Echo and then her kicking the crap out of him. The scene with Tick Tock and the Policeman who hates superheroes was also fantastic, and it looks like there’s a deeper conspiracy at work here. Oh, and I continue to love how ridiculous Buck Lime’s name is. Buck. Lime.

Advertisement

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 72 posts

Re: Moon Knight #5 (Just say the name Spoilers)

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Hopefully the art doesn't suck as bad as the writing this month.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Both the art and the writing in this title are great, Bendis and Maleev are a fantastic team.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Punchy wrote:Both the art and the writing in this title are great, Bendis and Maleev are a fantastic team.

They are a great team. I particularly loved that short-lived Spider-Woman series they did. But for some reason I just haven't been able to really "get into" this series yet. But I have enough faith in this team that I plan on sticking with it for a while.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:24 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:They are a great team. I particularly loved that short-lived Spider-Woman series they did. But for some reason I just haven't been able to really "get into" this series yet. But I have enough faith in this team that I plan on sticking with it for a while.

I liked their Spider-Woman series too. I was sad to see it go. I'm really digging what Bendis and Maleev are doing with Moon Knight.

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 72 posts

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:38 am

Punchy wrote:Both the art and the writing in this title are great, Bendis and Maleev are a fantastic team.

Maleev has done some really good stuff. This book, so far, has not been one of them.

Bendis is good for what he does. Sadly, his MK is almost like a parody of his other work.

If I have to pay the premium cost of buying a Bendis book, I would like it to be of better quality than this, which just seems like something they are both just hacking out.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 428 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Punchy wrote:I’m used to the rhythm of this book now, and I’m loving it. You can tell Bendis is having the time of his life writing Moon Knight’s psychotic hallucinatory versions of Cap, Spider-Man and Wolverine, and Maleev is equalling him in the different ways he chooses to display the personalities. Whilst this issue was light on stuff actually happening, that’s just Bendis, there was still a lot of cool business, like Moon Knight kissing Echo and then her kicking the crap out of him. The scene with Tick Tock and the Policeman who hates superheroes was also fantastic, and it looks like there’s a deeper conspiracy at work here. Oh, and I continue to love how ridiculous Buck Lime’s name is. Buck. Lime.

I agree with you about the policeman. His parts were some of my favourites this issue.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 428 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Both are good on a series they fit with. I think Bendis is doing a good job and Maleev is passable here. It's too much of an action oriented series though. I've always found Maleev's action scenes to be too static for my tastes.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand