Advertisement

Green Lantern #1 (Homeless Hal Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Green Lantern #1 (Homeless Hal Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:12 am

In this strange and scary new DC Universe, where everything is slightly different, it’s good to have a book that’s not really changed. Everything in the Green Lantern world is pretty much the same as we left it, it’s even the same creative team. Perhaps it’s a missed opportunity to shake things up, but it worked well. Johns seemed revitalised by having Sinestro be a GL and by Hal Jordan being an average citizen. I was kind of iffy on this idea when it was introduced, but it’s working for me now, Johns knows it’s pretty dumb, and will only be temporary, but it will be fun while it lasts. This issue also did a good job in giving Hal some humility, he’s such an insufferable ass normally (see Justice League #1) that it’s good to see him suffer a bit and maybe become a little bit more likeable. And Sinestro was bad-ass, I know Johns’ man-crush on him is tiresome, but he can be cool at times, as long as you don’t forget he’s basically a big pink Hitler. This was probably the best issue of Green Lantern for a while, and it looks like the reboot has given the book a shot in the arm. Doug Mahnke’s art was of course great, he can do the cosmic space stuff and the Earth-bound stuff, and it all looks wonderful.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand