Advertisement

Mystery Men #5 (Keen Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Mystery Men #5 (Keen Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:46 pm

A strong ending to a really enjoyable mini-series. Was anyone else weirded out by seeing Baron Zemo’s face? It’s one of those things you never think of. Things had looked pretty hopeless at the end of #4, so it was cool to see The Operative bring everyone back together for an attack on the General’s Zeppelin. I love being able to type sentences with ‘Zeppelin’ in them, I just love the big flammable death machines. Patrick Zircher’s art was brilliant as usual, and Liss gave every character a chance to shine. I think The Surgeon is my favourite, he’s just hilariously weird, the scene where he injects whisky into his veins was awesome. The stuff with Lindbergh and Nox was interesting, and looks like it could be setting us up for a sequel. I hope we get one, because this was a great blend of Marvel Comics and Pulp Heroes, and a time period that really deserves to be explored some more.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 287 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Mystery Men #5 (Keen Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:56 pm

I wasn't weirded out by Heinrich Zemo's face. The story takes place before his mask was bonded to his face so it made sense to see it.

My favourite part of this issue was seeing the Operative decapitate the General.

Thank you Troy for the sig

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:50 pm

I looked up Nox on wikipedia, had no idea she was an old Dr Strange villain. It was cool seeing Heinrich Zemo too as an antagonist for the Mystery Men.

I'm just reaching here, but with the Nazi plot thread out there, you guys think the sequel will be dealing with Nazi espionage during the war?

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 287 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:16 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I looked up Nox on wikipedia, had no idea she was an old Dr Strange villain. It was cool seeing Heinrich Zemo too as an antagonist for the Mystery Men.

I'm just reaching here, but with the Nazi plot thread out there, you guys think the sequel will be dealing with Nazi espionage during the war?

Possibly, I just hope there is a sequel.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand