Tuesday, July 26, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "For when life fails you."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers) Discussion

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

pat

cheese

Postby pat » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:17 pm

X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers) DiscussionMarvel Comics X-Men Schism #4 by Jason Aaron and Alan Davis hit the stands on Wednesday. Read what your fellow comic fans are saying about this issue and join our forums to contribute to the discussion.

Outhouser Pat started off the discussion:

Jason Aaron is writing the shit out of this mini. Alan Davis drew the shit out of this issue.

I’ve never really flipped through a fight scene and said "holy crap that was well done" until today.

actual spoilers (invisitext):

Cyke realizes he's pretty much screwed with the super-8-spaceship sentinel coming at Utopia and decides to make a stand. the x-kids all gather behind him and decide to stand with him, as Logan washes up and is like "no way bitch, not with these kids." He goes to his room to pout, talks to Quire for a second while arming a bomb big enough to take out the island. he goes back to Scott with the detonator, informs everyone of his plans, the kids leave, and the Scott vs. Logan brawl begins just as the Sentinel reaches the island.

Written or Contributed by: pat

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/news/comics-news/16192-x-men-schism-4-spoilers-discussion.html/

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:54 pm

so the fight really boiled down to:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Jean. They both pretty much brought up what jean would think of each other, which led to the fight.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:27 pm

that. sounds. awesome

J.M. Hunter

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Of course it comes down to a bitch.

Mr. Poolman

Twenty-Something

Postby Mr. Poolman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:34 pm

Alan Davis is a god among men

Flynn the Pirate

OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:37 pm

I didn't think he could do it, but Aaron is really pulling this together after waiting until half-way through the miniseries to show what the Schism is over. Man, this was a great issue. One of the best of the week, hands down.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Mr. Poolman wrote:Alan Davis is a god among men

Ooh burn from Wolverine.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Mr. Poolman wrote:Image

In answer to Wolverine's question, I would assume she would be frightened of the person who killed his children, repeatedly threw himself off a cliff in regret over said children, oh, and rigged an entire island to explode.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Sakie wrote:
In answer to Wolverine's question, I would assume she would be frightened of the person who killed his children, repeatedly threw himself off a cliff in regret over said children, oh, and rigged an entire island to explode.

actually who knows if the "killing his children" has HAPPENED before or after schism... and he's rigged the island to explode to STOP the sentinel... if after he warned them to leave they don't its not his fault.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:18 pm

and on the matter of killing his children, he didn't know they were his children until after they were dead. all he saw them as was people hired to kill him, so he killed them before they could kill him. when he found out about them being his kids he was clearly distraught. Which is why he threw himself off the mountain, punishing himself for what he himself did.

Honestly with how far away from who Cyclops was when Jean was alive, if she saw who he was today, and how similar he is to Magneto, i could see her being frightened. Wolverine hasn't really changed character wise, he's still the man she knew, he still will do ANYTHING to get the job done, which he always did.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:25 pm

e_galston wrote:actually who knows if the "killing his children" has HAPPENED before or after schism... and he's rigged the island to explode to STOP the sentinel... if after he warned them to leave they don't its not his fault.

Sorry, I knew I should have worded that differently. While I am definitely more on Scott's side, I am getting a little tired of both of them fingering pointing at the other. At this point, neither of them really have any moral high ground to stand on.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:26 pm

If Jean had a brain, she'll get with someone other than those two.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:27 pm

i don't understand how anyone is on scott's side.... he's become a villain. How can you argue against using young children as pawns and weapons with little to no remorse?

Flynn the Pirate

OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:30 pm

dairydead wrote:i don't understand how anyone is on scott's side.... he's become a villain. How can you argue against using young children as pawns and weapons with little to no remorse?

... because none of the "children" shown there have not seen combat. Every single one of them has either been involved in a battle or has had a direct hand in killing another human being.

And because when there are less than two hundred of your entire species left and most of your A and B Teams are elsewhere, you have to make the hard decisions.

Flynn the Pirate

OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:33 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:If Jean had a brain, she'll get with someone other than those two.

But she doesn't because what's left of her brain after Xorn gave her an aneurism is being munched on by worms.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist it. It was just sitting there and I thought, "Hey, just go for it."

Again, sorry.

leave a comment with facebook