Advertisement

X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers) Discussion

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

pat
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers) Discussion

Postby pat » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:17 pm

X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers) DiscussionMarvel Comics X-Men Schism #4 by Jason Aaron and Alan Davis hit the stands on Wednesday. Read what your fellow comic fans are saying about this issue and join our forums to contribute to the discussion.

Outhouser Pat started off the discussion:

Jason Aaron is writing the shit out of this mini. Alan Davis drew the shit out of this issue.

I’ve never really flipped through a fight scene and said "holy crap that was well done" until today.

actual spoilers (invisitext):

Cyke realizes he's pretty much screwed with the super-8-spaceship sentinel coming at Utopia and decides to make a stand. the x-kids all gather behind him and decide to stand with him, as Logan washes up and is like "no way bitch, not with these kids." He goes to his room to pout, talks to Quire for a second while arming a bomb big enough to take out the island. he goes back to Scott with the detonator, informs everyone of his plans, the kids leave, and the Scott vs. Logan brawl begins just as the Sentinel reaches the island.

Written or Contributed by: pat

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/news/comics-news/16192-x-men-schism-4-spoilers-discussion.html/
Last edited by pat on Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: JFusion Discussion Bot UPDATE
Frank, sometimes I really wish you didn't beat that cancer.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 433 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers)

Postby e_galston » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:54 pm

so the fight really boiled down to:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Jean. They both pretty much brought up what jean would think of each other, which led to the fight.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 129 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:27 pm

that. sounds. awesome
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Title: The Beast!

Postby J.M. Hunter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Of course it comes down to a bitch.

Mr. Poolman
Twenty-Something

Title: Is Always Right

Postby Mr. Poolman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:34 pm

Alan Davis is a god among men

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:37 pm

I didn't think he could do it, but Aaron is really pulling this together after waiting until half-way through the miniseries to show what the Schism is over. Man, this was a great issue. One of the best of the week, hands down.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Mr. Poolman wrote:Alan Davis is a god among men

Ooh burn from Wolverine.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 980 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Mr. Poolman wrote:Image

In answer to Wolverine's question, I would assume she would be frightened of the person who killed his children, repeatedly threw himself off a cliff in regret over said children, oh, and rigged an entire island to explode.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Sakie wrote:
In answer to Wolverine's question, I would assume she would be frightened of the person who killed his children, repeatedly threw himself off a cliff in regret over said children, oh, and rigged an entire island to explode.

actually who knows if the "killing his children" has HAPPENED before or after schism... and he's rigged the island to explode to STOP the sentinel... if after he warned them to leave they don't its not his fault.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:18 pm

and on the matter of killing his children, he didn't know they were his children until after they were dead. all he saw them as was people hired to kill him, so he killed them before they could kill him. when he found out about them being his kids he was clearly distraught. Which is why he threw himself off the mountain, punishing himself for what he himself did.

Honestly with how far away from who Cyclops was when Jean was alive, if she saw who he was today, and how similar he is to Magneto, i could see her being frightened. Wolverine hasn't really changed character wise, he's still the man she knew, he still will do ANYTHING to get the job done, which he always did.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 980 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:25 pm

e_galston wrote:actually who knows if the "killing his children" has HAPPENED before or after schism... and he's rigged the island to explode to STOP the sentinel... if after he warned them to leave they don't its not his fault.

Sorry, I knew I should have worded that differently. While I am definitely more on Scott's side, I am getting a little tired of both of them fingering pointing at the other. At this point, neither of them really have any moral high ground to stand on.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 233 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:26 pm

If Jean had a brain, she'll get with someone other than those two.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 129 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:27 pm

i don't understand how anyone is on scott's side.... he's become a villain. How can you argue against using young children as pawns and weapons with little to no remorse?
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:30 pm

dairydead wrote:i don't understand how anyone is on scott's side.... he's become a villain. How can you argue against using young children as pawns and weapons with little to no remorse?

... because none of the "children" shown there have not seen combat. Every single one of them has either been involved in a battle or has had a direct hand in killing another human being.

And because when there are less than two hundred of your entire species left and most of your A and B Teams are elsewhere, you have to make the hard decisions.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:33 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:If Jean had a brain, she'll get with someone other than those two.

But she doesn't because what's left of her brain after Xorn gave her an aneurism is being munched on by worms.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist it. It was just sitting there and I thought, "Hey, just go for it."

Again, sorry.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand