Friday, July 1, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "We Wipe Last. Not Before."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC gets RAUNCHY!!! (possible spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:49 pm

Dammit, Jude! :x
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:51 pm

TerriG wrote:saw the pages

you're telling me kids read comics still? :lol: who cares.


DC should, considering the reason why they're doing this "reboot"/whatever in the first place.

They say they want to stop comics from circling the drain because they're not getting new readers??
They claim that they can't just limit their audience to the usual 20-40-year-olds anymore??

Then they NEED to be bringing in YOUNGER readers, because they're the ones that will replace us when we're gone. THAT is how you grow your market; THAT is how you think long-term. But kids aren't going to be allowed to buy this stuff. And this sort of garbage doesn't appeal to anyone other than the same sort of people they were already getting. So all this hoopla and all these ill-considered changes will ultimately help DC and the industry at large NONE. All this nonsense, for NOTHING.

*golf clap*

"You SAY you want a revolution..." :roll:
User avatar

TerriG

Twenty-Something

Postby TerriG » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Herald wrote:
DC should, considering the reason why they're doing this "reboot"/whatever in the first place.

They say they want to stop comics from circling the drain because they're not getting new readers??
They claim that they can't just limit their audience to the usual 20-40-year-olds anymore??

Then they NEED to be bringing in YOUNGER readers, because they're the ones that will replace us when we're gone. THAT is how you grow your market; THAT is how you think long-term. But kids aren't going to be allowed to buy this stuff. And this sort of garbage doesn't appeal to anyone other than the same sort of people they were already getting. So all this hoopla and all these ill-considered changes will ultimately help DC and the industry at large NONE. All this nonsense, for NOTHING.

*golf clap*

"You SAY you want a revolution..." :roll:

I don't even care about DC.

But yeah I guess we gotta go back to the way comics were -- geared towards kids. But then who will buy them at $4 a pop? Not the kids I know. Soooo they have to cater to adults at some level.
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:05 pm

TerriG wrote:I don't even care about DC.


Ahhh... and that tells me all I need to know, right there.
People who don't care about something can easily write off every element of that thing.

But yeah I guess we gotta go back to the way comics were -- geared towards kids. But then who will buy them at $4 a pop? Not the kids I know. Soooo they have to cater to adults at some level.


There are people who can write stories that kids and adults can both enjoy.
The people who wrote the various DCAU series have done so for 2 decades now -- with the SAME CAST OF CHARACTERS as these comics!!

And that's not to mention all the Disney animated movies and Pixar animated movies in the same time frame! Or animated movies from other sources, like "Iron Giant"!

So please don't try to sell me a bill of goods about how you can't appeal to kids and adults at the same time. I'm tired of these lame excuses.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:08 pm

TerriG wrote:I don't even care about DC.

But yeah I guess we gotta go back to the way comics were -- geared towards kids. But then who will buy them at $4 a pop? Not the kids I know. Soooo they have to cater to adults at some level.


Split lines. One for kids and one for adults.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Boy am I glad the internet wasn't around when I was a kid!
User avatar

TerriG

Twenty-Something

Postby TerriG » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:11 pm

"THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG ON THE INTERNET"*

*or DC Universe
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Mike Mercury wrote:Boy am I glad the internet wasn't around when I was a kid!


Yeah, you might have been exposed to too many opinions different from your own!
How horrible that would have been for you! :shock:
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:30 pm

my issue with Catwoman, had nothing to do with the sex. It had more to the do with even though pretty much all of the Batman continuity happened, Selina didn't know Batman's identity. Even though she knew it before hand.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Mike Mercury wrote:Boy am I glad the internet wasn't around when I was a kid!


Introduction to porn at an earlier age.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:32 pm

People are bitching about this, but not that story a few years back drawn by Maguire of Babs and Seline running and fighting through a nudist club? :smt102
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Herald wrote:
Yeah, you might have been exposed to too many opinions different from your own!
How horrible that would have been for you! :shock:


Think you have some work to do: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ettleBlack
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Introduction to porn at an earlier age.


We had to find the odd scraps left behind by horny yetis in the woods.
User avatar

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:People are bitching about this, but not that story a few years back drawn by Maguire of Babs and Seline running and fighting through a nudist club? :smt102

no one read that
User avatar

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:35 pm

It's a little raunchy I guess. The bra shot and zoom in on the cleavage is certainly not kid friendly but what mainstream comic book title is anymore?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Punchy, Sully85 and 61 guests