Advertisement

Fear Itself: Youth In Revolt #5 (HAVE AT THEE! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Fear Itself: Youth In Revolt #5 (HAVE AT THEE! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:40 am

This has been a surprisingly good series. I think what has made it so good is that the characters McKeever is using here are such Z-Listers that nobody cares about them and when they are put in danger it’s actually possible they could die. Deep down you know that Spider-Man won’t kick the bucket, but Cloud Nine is a different story. This issue went places I didn’t expect it to and really enjoyed it. Cloud Nine and Thor Girl trapped in the building was harrowing stuff, and Prodigy’s continuing struggles are really interesting. The artwork from Mike Norton is career-best stuff, and the final page was yet another shocker. If you’ve been avoiding this one because of ‘Event Fatigue’ or whatever, I urge you to pick up the trade, because it’s been a real sleeper hit for me.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 6 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Fear Itself: Youth In Revolt #5 (HAVE AT THEE! Spoilers)

Postby e_galston » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:56 pm

i liked the issue, but isn't this the second issue that ended with a hero fighting a hero?

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 44 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Fear Itself: Youth In Revolt #5 (HAVE AT THEE! Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:56 pm

This has been a really pleasant surprise for me too. A really good series so far. I'm loving the relationship between Gravity and hardball the most. Personal conflict can be a good thing for a story and McKeever has done a good job when it comes to those two characters

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand