Saturday, June 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Black Panther: TMDMA #523.1 (It is still my plan A Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:06 am

An enjoyable done-in-one story which saw Black Panther once again kick a whole lot of ass. I’m unfamiliar with The White Wolf, but he was a cool character for T’Challa to fight, and one who I’d be interested to see again. The art from Jefte Palo was great, I didn’t like how bulky he made Black Panther at first, but now I dig it. I’m also liking how Liss is developing Sofija into a sort of side-kick for the Panther. I just hope she doesn’t put on a costume or become ‘Black Panther Girl’ or ‘Lady Panther’ anytime soon. Also, did anyone else notice a lot of similarities to Batman in this issue? Detective Kurtz looks exactly like Commissioner Gordon!

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:10 am

Not a bad issue, but I was hoping for more with Hunter. Something just seemed a bit... off. He was in fact handled a bit too swiftly and I felt the dialogue between the two could have been stronger, not that it was bad though. I think there could have been Hunter even pointing out that T'Challa has in a way fell from grace given his situation now. Also, there's no way Hunter would be easily kept by the cops at the end, T'challa should have at least supervised that. But I guess I'm nit-picking. I truly hope this isn't the last we've seen of Hunter, because in a way he seems a bit of a throw away right now. I think his return might play a part of this upcoming Kingpin arc as Wakanda seems to be playing an important backdrop.

Also, Punchy, I'd very much recommend Priest's first trade, The Client, of Black Panther where Hunter was first showcase. Fantastic read. The following trade after that is also a good read and continues it. Sad Marvel refuses to release the rest of his run because Hunter is a great foil for T'Challa and a huge fan favorite within the BP fandom.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am

Greg wrote:Also, Punchy, I'd very much recommend Priest's first trade, The Client, of Black Panther where Hunter was first showcase. Fantastic read. The following trade after that is also a good read and continues it. Sad Marvel refuses to release the rest of his run because Hunter is a great foil for T'Challa and a huge fan favorite within the BP fandom.

so VERY much all of this. one of Marvel's all-time great runs

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Yeah, I was going to ask if Hunter's portrayal is consistent with Priest's or if this is another part of his run that Marvel is just ignoring.

leave a comment with facebook