Advertisement

Black Panther: TMDMA #523.1 (It is still my plan A Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Black Panther: TMDMA #523.1 (It is still my plan A Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:06 am

An enjoyable done-in-one story which saw Black Panther once again kick a whole lot of ass. I’m unfamiliar with The White Wolf, but he was a cool character for T’Challa to fight, and one who I’d be interested to see again. The art from Jefte Palo was great, I didn’t like how bulky he made Black Panther at first, but now I dig it. I’m also liking how Liss is developing Sofija into a sort of side-kick for the Panther. I just hope she doesn’t put on a costume or become ‘Black Panther Girl’ or ‘Lady Panther’ anytime soon. Also, did anyone else notice a lot of similarities to Batman in this issue? Detective Kurtz looks exactly like Commissioner Gordon!

Advertisement

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Re: Black Panther: TMDMA #523.1 (It is still my plan A Spoil

Postby Greg » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:10 am

Not a bad issue, but I was hoping for more with Hunter. Something just seemed a bit... off. He was in fact handled a bit too swiftly and I felt the dialogue between the two could have been stronger, not that it was bad though. I think there could have been Hunter even pointing out that T'Challa has in a way fell from grace given his situation now. Also, there's no way Hunter would be easily kept by the cops at the end, T'challa should have at least supervised that. But I guess I'm nit-picking. I truly hope this isn't the last we've seen of Hunter, because in a way he seems a bit of a throw away right now. I think his return might play a part of this upcoming Kingpin arc as Wakanda seems to be playing an important backdrop.

Also, Punchy, I'd very much recommend Priest's first trade, The Client, of Black Panther where Hunter was first showcase. Fantastic read. The following trade after that is also a good read and continues it. Sad Marvel refuses to release the rest of his run because Hunter is a great foil for T'Challa and a huge fan favorite within the BP fandom.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am

Greg wrote:Also, Punchy, I'd very much recommend Priest's first trade, The Client, of Black Panther where Hunter was first showcase. Fantastic read. The following trade after that is also a good read and continues it. Sad Marvel refuses to release the rest of his run because Hunter is a great foil for T'Challa and a huge fan favorite within the BP fandom.

so VERY much all of this. one of Marvel's all-time great runs
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 1 post
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Yeah, I was going to ask if Hunter's portrayal is consistent with Priest's or if this is another part of his run that Marvel is just ignoring.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand