Advertisement

Avengers Academy #19 (I Quit Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers Academy #19 (I Quit Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:22 pm

I was so convinced that one of the kids was going to die, that I suppose it’s actually more of a shock that they all survived, so kudos to Christos Gage for surprising me I guess. But while nobody died (not even Speedball’s cat) it’s clear that the events of the last few issues will have a big impact on this book. Veil has quit, Mettle and Hazmat are now going out, and Reptil and Finesse kissed eachother. I love all this soap-opera drama! Especially since Gage combined it with some cool action and pseudo-science. It is annoying how Crusher and Titania just left, leaving the conflict unresolved, but that’s a problem for all of these tie-ins, the Worthy can’t be defeated until Fear Itself #7.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 473 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Avengers Academy #19 (I Quit Spoilers)

Postby e_galston » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:37 pm

i liked the issue a lot. I'm glad that no one was gonna die. I swore someone would, and i had a feeling it was gonna be Reptil, only since in covers going forward (after FI) he's not on any.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 440 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:08 pm

I liked this book but I've always felt that it moved too slow.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Rockman wrote:I liked this book but I've always felt that it moved too slow.

Agreed. I got this book for the first three or four issues, dropped it out of boredom and apathy for the characters, only to start picking it up again during the Kovac storyline. And when I did, I was pleased to find that the characters were *gasp* actually pretty interesting once all of the inane "spotlight showing how messed up my life is" issues were done with.

While not what I would call a great comic, it is still pretty entertaining.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand